Continental Headlights wanted (1 Viewer)

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Posted to Germany in Sept for 2 years and under current regulations will need to change the headlights on the MH to the continental type as being a member of the Armed Forces we are classed as permanent residents and therefore the beam adjusters are not legal after 40 days.

On the off chance does anyone have a pair of continental headlights for Fiat Ducato 130 Autojet 2008 (the new style), happy to pay reasonable amount + P&P.

Know we can get them when we get there but if any Funster has a set gathering dust in the garage it might be benefical to us both, plus we will also have to buy a set of winter tyres for the Autotrail (plus tyres and headlights for the car) when we get there if we want to get away in the winter so would prefer to spread the cost if possible.

At least we will save on the ferry crossings for the next 2 years and intend to explore as much of Europe as the job allows.:Smile:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
posted

My son and family have just been posted to 26 Regt RA at Guterslou. He only has a car and as he had to do the same, it wasn't cheap. I'm not sure if too many military have motorhomes as have never seen any on our visits when he was at Osnabruck a few yrs ago Good luck tho!

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Posted to Germany in Sept for 2 years and under current regulations will need to change the headlights on the MH to the continental type as being a member of the Armed Forces we are classed as permanent residents and therefore the beam adjusters are not legal after 40 days.

On the off chance does anyone have a pair of continental headlights for Fiat Ducato 130 Autojet 2008 (the new style), happy to pay reasonable amount + P&P.

Know we can get them when we get there but if any Funster has a set gathering dust in the garage it might be benefical to us both, plus we will also have to buy a set of winter tyres for the Autotrail (plus tyres and headlights for the car) when we get there if we want to get away in the winter so would prefer to spread the cost if possible.

At least we will save on the ferry crossings for the next 2 years and intend to explore as much of Europe as the job allows.:Smile:

Which car do you have and you never know he may know someone coming back to the UK and you COULD possible do a swop. There used to be a BFPO Newspaper with ads for these items Can you get hold of one if its still in print:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rugeley Tim
Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Did Osnabruck for 4 years in the early 80s and had a great time. Tell me about the cost:Angry:, although you get a disturbance allowance it does not cover the cost of the tyres and headlights on one car never mind the MH.

I have been serving for 35 years (man & boy) and the kids have grown up and fled the nest (lad is also serving) so after many years of tents, trailer tents and folding campers decided that we deserved a bit of comfort for my old weary bones and that given the time I have spent on a camp cot (especially over the last few years) camping had become more like a 'busmans holiday'.

There are a few 'military motorhomers' in Germany that I know of, you never know we may be able to organise a rally out there.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Hi Tim,

My friend moved over to France this year to live and work. He also wanted to swop the headlights on his car for continental ones. I got him a set off eBay France.

You could try eBay France & Germany...

Just had a quick look.....

Broken Link Removed

eBay France 109 euro each......

Link Removed

eBay Germany, even better 49 Euro each including postage in Germany....

Left Link Removed

Right Link Removed

Hope that helps.....:thumb::thumb:

Good luck with the posting....:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you sure it doesnt already have the 'non-bias' dipped beam ?

simply dips up and down and not to the left.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rugeley Tim
Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Papajohn,

As far as I am aware the headlights on the van are fixed and have no mechanical way of adjusting them, I am also fairly sure that German Law now precludes the use of this type of headlight for residents.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back