nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Recently the door opening mechanism on the garage of my Hobby van has been a bit sluggish. The parts in question are the two struts either side of the door that enable the door to open slowly. Today they won't work at all. Please can any one tell me what has gone wrong with them and if this is a simple job to fix?
Thanks

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the seals inside will have worn allowing the pressurised gas to escape into the other chamber.
the only way to repair this is to fit new ones.

if you remove one and go to a scrap yard you may find a car tailgate strut the same length a lot cheaper than a hymer branded one.

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
Recently the door opening mechanism on the garage of my Hobby van has been a bit sluggish. The parts in question are the two struts either side of the door that enable the door to open slowly. Today they won't work at all. Please can any one tell me what has gone wrong with them and if this is a simple job to fix?
Thanks

try www. sgs engineering .co. something like that you can order on line they are in derby and have a large range of struts iused them for my drop down bed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back