Free Member
Jun 9, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
My names Annie and I'm located in the South West of the UK.

For as long as I can remember I've always said once the kids have flown the nest I would get myself a motor home and start living again, well that day has now come so I've joined your community to get tips and info as I begin my search for my first motor home.

I'm sure you'll get sick of all my questions as I'm an absolute novice and have so much to learn ::bigsmile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Welcome

Hi annie and a warm welcome to MHF:welcomefunster:
Regards brian jo & josh:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome, Bris'ol tis not that far from the real west country m' dear, hee hee.
don't forget to check out the chatroom for an instant fix of fun and insanity:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Some very knowldgeable people hang about there most nights. Do drop in and say hi.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, join in ask as many questions as you need. enjoy :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
BRISOL@ Brisol! that bain't be the Wes' coun'ry, tha' be England, fact is it's Welsh Wales m'ansome, youm be Jonny Foreigner:winky: Youm cin only be Wes' coun'ry if youm can eat a Pasty, proper Pasty mind, none of 'em Carrot and Blue Cheese ones,drink a pint ov Scrumpy an' carry 15 cream churns to the main gate at the same time.

Can'ee?

:thumb::welcomefunster:Welcome to the Madhouse!:thumb:

OP
OP
anniexxxxx

anniexxxxx

Free Member
Jun 9, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the welcomes folks, can see why some refer to it as the madhouse :roflmto:

I've only been in Bristol for 15 years or, I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yorksher! YORKSHER!

OMG thas even futher than England? canee see them there Polar bears from there?

(Mrs R is from Sheffield) SSSHHH!!!!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well you can be as much Yorkshire as you want ..... as long as you type with no accent!!!:Eeek: You can't imagine how many accents I have to deal with:cry::cry::cry:
Anyway, wherever you come from , Welcome from this side of the Channel.... you'll be welcome at my place anytime with your new toy!
At Champagnac-la-Rivière , you'll also find an English campsite owned by Bob and Di, where Funsters stop very often on they way to Spain.
Have a look at the Member Map on the left hand side of the front page, and you'll be able to locate all the funsters who dared give their location everywhere in Europe.

Let us know when you'll have found you very own "beast"

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome Annie

Thanks for the welcomes folks, can see why some refer to it as the madhouse :roflmto:

I've only been in Bristol for 15 years or, I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred :thumb:

from another ex-pat Yorkshire person.

Catherine

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
My names Annie and I'm located in the South West of the UK.

For as long as I can remember I've always said once the kids have flown the nest I would get myself a motor home and start living again, well that day has now come so I've joined your community to get tips and info as I begin my search for my first motor home.

I'm sure you'll get sick of all my questions as I'm an absolute novice and have so much to learn ::bigsmile:

Hi and welcome Annie to the site, also whenyou are a full member, (£10 only) you are invited to come to the RVOC and MHF Rutland water Rally, meet, in Leicestershire between the 8th and the 15 July 2012, and join over 100 other like minded motorhomers where you will also get masses of information regarding motorhomes and life, Just holla if you would like to come would love to see you there and meet you, also there may be a few motorhomes for sale there as well and you will get masses of information on all types of motorhomes and everything you will ever need to know about buying one and what type would be best for you. You can come in tent if you want, whatever you like really, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'd go in the car, It could be difficult getting from Brissle to Rutland in a tent. lack of HP really ........ :ROFLMAO:

Hiya Annie, whatever gave you the notion that we were nutters? I mean not all are Official Card Carrying MHF Nutters, which is quite an exclusive club, bit elitist actually at times, most of us are just regular nutters and happy as we are.

What you really do need to do is get yourself to somewhere where there are lots of different M'H's all owned by any sort of M/H nutter who will welcome you in, let you have a play with the workings and lie on the beds, try the driving position etc and after that start making a list of must haves, don't wants and would be nice features before you even start seriously looking. Esp if you've never had eg a touring caravan before and aren't used to what you 'usually' get.

TBH the Rutland meet would actually be a really good place to start since there will be a large variety of different ones small and large all owned by just the right sort of people. (And most of em even do refreshments for visitors too - if you play yer cards right LOL)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back