New technology not all it's cracked up to be. (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Tonight we're on a THS at Burton Bradstock and next to us is a brand new 'Hymer Gold Edition' motorhome with a remote controlled all singing all dancing satellite dish. The owners have gone to the pub as they can't get it up(The satellite dish:Smile:) because of the wind, whereas our aging and battered aerial is giving a perfect picture.::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
weve had many happy holidays at burton bradstock, but remember well the strong winds at the turn of the tide and the field's predispostion to flooding. it is after all a tight valley and is a flood plain

Hope you enjoy your stay:thumb: excellent chip shop in West Bay, and good fishing just up the coast at west bexington off the beach.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
LOL Don't forget that once the "sales team" has persuaded the bosses to add value to a vehicle by adding toys, the buyers job is to get the cheapest possible deal for that "toy"

Rarely the "best" option or product!:Eeek:

Just a thought

Eddie

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
good advice

LOL Don't forget that once the "sales team" has persuaded the bosses to add value to a vehicle by adding toys, the buyers job is to get the cheapest possible deal for that "toy"

Rarely the "best" option or product!:Eeek:

Just a thought

Eddie

This is good advice to anyone buying a motorhome :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Surely now that Freeview TV has become fully operational satellite TV is now redundant in the UK.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do not get it up either

I do not get it up either.... mine goes round and round... a dome NETA sat system..

Do not worry about the wind out side... it is Ezzie inside that causes the issues.

Bob:winky:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Tonight we're on a THS at Burton Bradstock

Ye gods, Burton Bradstock! Haven't heard that place mentioned for yonks. As a kid, I used to get dragged there year after year for the summer holiday in a rented static caravan by my parents. Until I was old enough to rebel ........ ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Surely now that Freeview TV has become fully operational satellite TV is now redundant in the UK.

That firstly assumes you can always get a Freeview signal.:RollEyes:

Freeview is a digital signal, so it is either all, or nothing. I have been in many parts of the UK where I could not get a decent Freeview signal, and the analogue transmission had already been switched off.

Particularly in secluded valleys, hilly areas, remote location and around the coast,(places where Motorhomers like to go), Freeview is not all it is made out to be, hence people having to upgrade antennas and using boosters to get a Freeview signal.

The sat in the sky is always there, and has so many more channels to offer. As for being redundant I think satellite is going from strength to strength with more and more FTA and FTV channels and HD channels available on satellite.

p.s the wind does not affect my sat dish protected in a dome, and here on the ship I'm watching the French open Final on sat tv with 50 to 60 knot winds outside...:thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Not on the site i've just come back from near Barmouth, TV reception was appalling, it was a good job I took my dish and tripod with me or shmbo would have missed the Jubilee concert and my life would not have been worth living

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back