Avtex TV Outstanding Customer Support (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We purchased our MH new in Sept 2010 and one option was a dealer fit Avtex 19” tv/dvd. On holiday last month to Orkney it failed, on our return I spent the morning searching for the warranty paperwork could only find the tv listed on the MH invoice alongside it stated 3 year warranty (suspect dealer did not hand over the Avtex warranty, I remember having to ask for the box and packaging!).

I phoned Avtex last Friday lunchtime (1ST June) explained my predicament and they couldn’t have been more helpful asking I photo copy MH invoice showing TV details and black out all the financial details. They tried but could not arrange to have it picked up that day (I’m very rural) being the jubilee bank holiday earliest pick up was Wed 6th June and I was assured it would be repaired and returned am 8th June.

Parcelforce picked it up 11am Wed and as promised they repaired and delivered it back to the house at 10.15 am today Fri 8th at no cost to me whatsoever, would you get the same service with other brands?

I have often read posts on the subject of cheaper MH tv’s and have on occasion posted opinions on the superior sound and picture quality of my Avtex set and our satisfaction with it.

That is the sort of service that merits praise and should I ever require a replacement my money would go to Avtex every time.

On their website they have the following statement:-

“All products supplied by Avtex carry a very comprehensive warranty, Avtex have an uncompromising commitment to providing a very high level of after sales service.”

Says it all!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I,ve posted in the past on a similar situation where I rang in with a defect, the unit was picked up the same afternoon (Monday) and delivered the Wednesday morning, superb service.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Good service is always to be commended. However, why did it go wrong ? in such a short time. There have been similar threads, so not good.

Like you, we bought our Motorhome in Sept 2010 and it has two TV's fitted, one LG in the main lounge and a Sony TV/DVD in the bedroom, neither have yet to go wrong. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
In my particular case the DVD player had been misaligned probably due to impact in transit when it was initially delivered to me, can't really blame Avtex for that. Their efforts to get the set back to me we're outstanding.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
In my particular case the DVD player had been misaligned probably due to impact in transit when it was initially delivered to me, can't really blame Avtex for that. Their efforts to get the set back to me we're outstanding.

We had exactly the same problem - by the reaction from the engineer I spoke to at Avtex this is an extremely common problem, however like everyone else I got very good after sales service. Just a pity this seems to be a problem.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We had exactly the same problem - by the reaction from the engineer I spoke to at Avtex this is an extremely common problem, however like everyone else I got very good after sales service. Just a pity this seems to be a problem.

Hmmm, once is unlucky, twice is careless

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back