Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They only cover up to 3.5 t and 7 mtrs long
Adac (German) cover you/wife etc Europe wide and use AA in UK for aprox 99 euros 75 quid for ADAC PLUS they cover you in any vehicle upto 7.5t and 10 mtrs long
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I use ADAC Plus, covers me across EU and being over 3500kg and 8 mtrs long it appears to be a popular choice. Never had to use them but gives me peace of mind, especially when travelling through Europe. It is also the most cost effective option I could find.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
They only cover up to 3.5 t and 7 mtrs long
Adac (German) cover you/wife etc Europe wide and use AA in UK for aprox 99 euros 75 quid for ADAC PLUS they cover you in any vehicle upto 7.5t and 10 mtrs long
terry

But it appears they don't cover you within 50 miles from home?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ring Adac Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673. she will explain any queries you have and also tell you they cover you near home :winky:She will also take CC card details and make you /wife etc members :thumb: A little messing getting through but worth it
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
ADAC can be used in the UK as well as Europe

ADAC membership covers the driver and partner/wife .. not vehicle..

Having just used them at Calais when I blew a tyre.. can confirm it does on the tin.. I had a recovery company sort out taking off the outer of the rears and switching in the spare from the continental carrier on my RV. Cheap than the AA and the others and will cover up to 7.5 tons.

My tyre change out was covered up to €200 and all I had to do was sign for the call out.. simples.

I have Safeguard motorhome insurance and that also has recovery included UK and Europe... but the ADAC has a lot of add on's like some health and dozens of others odds and ends... 17m members in europe belong to them. even have there own air ambulance jet and I think it is 17 or 18 helicopters and dozens of car transporters.. you get a glossy german magazine each month.. can understand some of it.. but a big organisation.

Bob:thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

I think you will find that the home start is not available or within 50mls from home is for the ADAC normal membership, just like basic AA or RAC roadside only, (although i stand to b corrected).The ADAC + is for the full Monty roadside,recovery,home start,car hire,hotel etc and costs about 97 Euros for you and partner all over Europe, best cover money can buy Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The ADAC conditions refer to km as opposed to miles (German company of course).

I think you will find it is the "personal" benefits of ADAC Plus that do not kick in until you are "on a journey" 50 km ("distance covered") away from home. This is the illness, injury, medical repatriation type things.

The breakdown aspect covers you anywhere, which includes at home (ie home start).

But of course call ADAC as mentioned before and speak to an English language operator who will confirm this..

:thumb::thumb:

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
I agree Callumwa - home start is included but the 'personal benefits' only apply to journeys over 50KM. I tested the home start a few weeks ago when I broke down about 3 miles from home!

You may not need the ADACPartner Plus - people appear confused about this. The partner bit refers to additional family en-route cover (see below) and not specifically to a 'partner'.

I was advised that the ADACPlus was perfectly adequate for our needs and covers me and my partner for any vehicle - in our case MH, 2 cars and 3 bikes! and we get lots of bonus extras including repatriation for the dogs if necessary.

I have consulted my policy booklet and quote the following information -
"Family cover - in Germany and abroad. ADAC plus membership covers all the classic benefits of ADAC membership + additional ADACPlus benefits and services for yourself, your partner and under-age children. Assistance in Germany, Europe and worldwide. 79.50 euros"

"All round cover - ADACPlus partner package. All the classic benefits for yourself and your partner + all ADACPlus benefits and services for yourself, your partner and under-age children. Your added advantage: ADAC en-route cover for the whole family with accident emergency assistance, travel contract legal expenses cover and international travel liability cover. Assistance in Germany, Europe and worldwide. 98.70 euros"

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Question - and the only reason we have stayed with the RAC really even though others may be cheaper - is because RAC include accident recovery for the motorbikes. Bearing in mind I can't ride and we don't own a bike trailer or a van, neither can or do anyone else in the family - like when Pete and I had a serious accident a few years ago, we would have had to arrange recovery independently which is the last thing you want to have to do when they are carting your husband off in an ambulance. Or you. Who on earth could you ring on Easter Sunday anyway? For any vehicle? It took numerous phone calls to get an ambulance out in the first place. They really weren't keen despite having been told by a nurse who just happened to be on scene that he had several broken bones. And then the police who also arrived late wouldn't let the ambulance go until we'd both made a ruddy statement ....... no help at all really.

Fortunately we were with friends most of whom were ahead of us but some came back when someone further along the line told em about it - so I basically chucked the RAC card to someone and asked em could they please deal with it, and got in the ambulance with him. They did bless em, and one of em also took time stamped photos of the extra damage caused by the recovery driver LOL - that was just a bonus though, they didn't know he was going to do it but we were able to prove it wasn't done before they arrived on scene!

Then they were worried about how I'd get home even if they kept Pete so came to the hospital then realised they didn't know our surname, they'd already started phoning various other bikey friends when one of them said, Duh - we have his RAC card, don't we? :Doh: JAWS knows these people - normally quite sensible chaps, honest - but just shows you how shock addles your brain even if it wasn't you that had the accident - neither of them actually even saw it, just the couple who were actually behind us.

Frightens me half to death I can tell you. Esp abroad. If I let myself think about it, that is, which I really prefer not to ....

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We have been 'recovered' twice in the UK on the motorbike - albeit a few years ago now and thankfully no accidents involved - just mechanicals!!!.

The first time we were in the AA and it was handled well - a dedicated bike trailer and a man that could!! The second time it was a Green Flag policy. They were absolutely clueless!

I am reassured that ADAC cover in the UK is with the AA :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh they all do breakdown recovery, that's NP except as you say, clueless recovery agents sometimes. And sometimes not depending on who you get and the bike you have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back