Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
I know it is early but I have already had some bookings for this year’s Highland Gathering – even though the date was still only provisional. It is great to have such enthusiasm, and we are really looking forward to another successful Gathering.

Firstly – The confirmed date for the Gathering is 22nd – 25th June. This is a great time of year in the North with long daylight – no need for lights or torches and ideal for barbeques well into evening. If you want to come earlier or stay longer please PM and we will see what we can do.

Secondly – everyone (and their pets) are welcome, it’s informal and it is FREE. Donations of food, charcoal, wine, beer etc. are always welcome (more detail later as to what to bring), and bring your musical instruments for an impromptu ceilidh.

The Gathering will follow a similar pattern to our previous meets and gatherings – starting with free tea/coffee in our café. There will be barbeques, opportunities to go to Inverness or Whitebridge (free with your bus pass and since last summer our bus times have changed giving more flexibility) and there will be a trip to the Dores Inn – lots more details later, and of course there is plenty of time to relax, meet new friends and enjoy the surroundings, or walk or cycle our quiet country area.

If you live in the North of Scotland or are coming north in June for a holiday I hope you will consider joining us.

For more information visit Link Removed

A taste of our last meet:
050-1.jpg

Finally - Provisional date for the Mini meet is 7th – 9th September

We look forward to meeting old friends and new
Safe travels
Margaret
PS Keith - we have ordered a dry spring this year, so no soggy field:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Reminder

Looking forward to our 6th meet at Brin in just over 3 weeks.
Anyone about in the north of Scotland is welcome to join us. We have 12 vans already booked and about 6 other possibles.
Hope "Fun" will be represented. Let me know as soon as you can if you can come. More details will follow.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We would have loved to come, but will be in France at that time.....maybe next year though!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
It’s just over 2 weeks to the Highland Gathering, so here’s a bit of detail to whet your appetites. Remember everyone is welcome, and it’s FREE.
Dates: 22<SUP>nd</SUP> (Friday) – 25<SUP>th</SUP> (Monday) June
Venue: Brin Herb Nursery, near Inverness. IV2 6XD
Numbers booked to date: 13 vans plus several provisional bookings. Please confirm asap if you are one of these.
Friday: Arrive any time – we will be about all day.
We will be having a couple of barbeques. (Please bring food (and drink) to share, and/or a donation of charcoal or wood to fuel the BBQs.)
There will be a trip to Loch Ness and Dores Inn for anyone interested. Let me know which you would prefer lunchtime or evening. Minibus available – charge for bus will depend on numbers – approx. £3.00 per person. Two trips may be necessary, and it would be helpful if we could have a couple more volunteers to drive the bus. For this I will need your licence details as soon as possible.
There will also be working party. Last meet we made a barbeque from an old washing machine. This year ……………….. any ideas???
Note – there are more buses on the route to Inverness and Whitebridge – remember to bring your bus pass if you have one!
If you can’t make this one the Mini meet is from 7<SUP>th</SUP> – 10<SUP>th</SUP> September

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I must have missed this. We have plans with others now and it's not really fair to cancel. Hopefully I will be more observant for next years. ( might even offer some first aid training ):Smile:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
I must have missed this. We have plans with others now and it's not really fair to cancel. Hopefully I will be more observant for next years. ( might even offer some first aid training ):Smile:

Perhaps you can make it for the mini meet in September? (7th - 10th)

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Would love to come but my Holidays are the first 2 weeks July
Sorry you won't make it - remind me to have the gathering in July next year:Smile: But you know that forum members are welcome to stopover (free of charge) anytime from now until September, so if you are in the area in July, let us know.

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
You made the washing machine barby at the mini meet last year !! Hopefully I will be attending this year also ! Stephen.:Cool::Cool::Cool:

You're right, Steve - the minimeet was the last meet we had::bigsmile:
Hope all's well with you - where are you at the moment? Look forward to seeing you in September
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Update

Thank you, Meexi, for your email, you are very welcome. Look forward to meeting you all. Will email shortly.

Numbers looking very good, but still a number to confirm (or not).
Dores Inn very popular this time - it may be that we will be splitting the difference as already we have 18 peeps wanting to go. If you have a perference, we will do our best to accommodate it. The options:
Early evening Saturday - eating approx 7pm
later: 8pm
Sunday lunchtime.
Please let me know your preference.

Remember to bring plenty of BBQ food. Weather permitting barbeques on Friday and Sunday nights. And if you have a barbeque we may need to borrow it
A bit cold today = Max 8C but can assure you a) it is too cool for midges and b) its is warrming up next week
It's not too late if anyone else is interested - everyone is very welcome::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
HELP!

Help
Due to rising numbers extra barbeques may be needed. If you have one, and have not already left home without it, please bring it with you!
And in case you need to be reminded these are some of the things that have been left at home, at other meets: food for barbeques, musical instruments, the dog
Early arrivals coming tomorrow, and most peeps will be here by mid afternoon on Friday.
See you then
Margaret

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Plan A !!!

You're right, Steve - the minimeet was the last meet we had::bigsmile:
Hope all's well with you - where are you at the moment? Look forward to seeing you in September
Margaret

Back in Shropshire for the moment ! Plan A is in September or late August cruise up the East coast wildcamping where poss (Thanks for all the suggestions folks !) then at Inverness make towards you for the mini-meet and then on to Skye for the ferry to Harris and Lewis ! Simples !!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

meexi

Free Member
Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
weather update

Hi Mararet,

How is the Weather up north just now?

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Mararet,

How is the Weather up north just now?

Best in the UK::bigsmile: - even some sun scheduled for the start of the BBQ - and dry all evening.
Saturday sunshine & showers
Sunday possibly not so good:cry:

Come as early as you can:winky:

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks

We had an excellent time - and are looking forward to minimeet. Thanks for coming. See Broken Link Removed for details.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back