OK.. how does it work Frankie? (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Hi Frankie.. or anyone else that can work it out.. Sue bought an egg thing.. a chicken you put an egg in and microwave.. but the instructions are of course in `french' .. so what does it mean please...

ajouter de feau a la ease du coquetier micro-ande et placer un oeuf dans le compartiment en aluminium Verrouler le couvercle en forme de poule.

oeuf mollet prêt en 4 minutes

oeuf dur prêt en 7 minuties

So what is it I have to do please?

tyres yesterday eggs today.:winky:

Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
this connection I have is hit and miss JJ

I think it means "Use Google Translate" Bob... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Didn't you go to those Soho based French lessons when you were younger? :Blush:

This internet connection is hit and miss JJ... I had thought of that.. but thank you for reminding me.. now where is Frankie... ::bigsmile:

JUst means no micro waved egg until I get home and get a proper connection

Bob:Blush:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
This internet connection is hit and miss JJ... I had thought of that.. but thank you for reminding me.. [HI]now where is Frankie[/HI]... ::bigsmile:

Just to be a little serious for a fraction of a moment...

Frankie is very, very busy at this time... I know she would drop everything to help out a fellow Funster... but... well... you know... right?

She will really tell me off for interfering when she gets time to read this though...

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that is why I addressed it to others as well JJ

Just to be a little serious for a fraction of a moment...

Frankie is very, very busy at this time... I know she would drop everything to help out a fellow Funster... but... well... you know... right?

She will really tell me off for interfering when she gets time to read this though...

Hi Frankie..[HI] or anyone else that can work it out[/HI]......... taken from the original post at the start of it.

I put the above in so perhaps others that could read French might have a suggestion... I was not expecting Frankie to drop everything to tell me how to boil my egg JJ.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
:thumb:
Hi Frankie.. or anyone else that can work it out.. Sue bought an egg thing.. a chicken you put an egg in and microwave.. but the instructions are of course in `french' .. so what does it mean please...

ajouter de feau a la ease du coquetier micro-ande et placer un oeuf dans le compartiment en aluminium Verrouler le couvercle en forme de poule.

Add feau'nati has the ease of the micro-ande eggcup and put an egg in the compartment aluminum Verrouler the lid in the form of chicken.

ready calf egg in 4 minutes

7 minutiae ready hard egg

Translation powered by Bing Translator

works for you hope i
Sent from my iPhone:thumb::Eeek:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Bill

:thumb:

Add feau'nati has the ease of the micro-ande eggcup and put an egg in the compartment aluminum Verrouler the lid in the form of chicken.

ready calf egg in 4 minutes

7 minutiae ready hard egg

Translation powered by Bing Translator

works for you hope i
Sent from my iPhone:thumb::Eeek:

Thanks Bill,

Thought it might be soft for 3 minutes and hard for 7... not sure if you have to prick the top of the e.g. or not.. but bought it in a shop not far from the site.. and it is a French eggs unit.. so thought it might be nice to get it.. my French dictionaries did not help me very much.

But thanks for checking for me.

Ta

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Watch it Bob French eggs may be different to UK ones ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we will soon know

we will soon know.. Sue is about to try it in the micro wave.. but it is an English egg.. cheaper than French ones..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Bob

Do you like poached eggs?

They are much easier to do in a microwave...

You just need a cup/mug, vinegar (if wanted), a small amount of water and the egg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Now Bob , if you look at your watch you will see that I was only available same time yesterday ... Babies come first and they take a long time before they had their lunch (one is learning what a spoon is :RollEyes:... takes ages to get rid of 2 grs of soup ) then once they have eaten , .... well you know everything getting in has to go out at one moment !!! Then I have to get them ready to go to bed ...; no won't give you the details ,....just hell ! So now I should be having a little rest and what??? an egg is being a problem :Eeek::Eeek: Bob , I can't translate as you spelt it wrong ... I don't get half of the sentence, so don't even think about having something sensible from google:roflmto::roflmto:
Now start all over again ... give me a proper sentence to translate and you might have your egg... sometime today or ...tomorrow (B****y hell the youngest is already awake ... i am gutted!!!...;oh NOoooo Owen is awake too ... screaming !) byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Now Bob , if you look at your watch you will see that I was only available same time yesterday ... Babies come first and they take a long time before they had their lunch (one is learning what a spoon is :RollEyes:... takes ages to get rid of 2 grs of soup ) then once they have eaten , .... well you know everything getting in has to go out at one moment !!! Then I have to get them ready to go to bed ...; no won't give you the details ,....just hell ! So now I should be having a little rest and what??? an egg is being a problem :Eeek::Eeek: Bob , I can't translate as you spelt it wrong ... I don't get half of the sentence, so don't even think about having something sensible from google:roflmto::roflmto:
Now start all over again ... give me a proper sentence to translate and you might have your egg... sometime today or ...tomorrow (B****y hell the youngest is already awake ... i am gutted!!!...;oh NOoooo Owen is awake too ... screaming !) byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

now if you really wanted to tell bob off frankie i would have written this in french to make him translate it.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
:ROFLMAO:how do you make soldiers for your dippy oeufs with the french loaf ::bigsmile:

Slice of bread cut into sticks ..; butter on ..; ready to dip in the egg
yummy (miam miam en français !)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
This internet connection is hit and miss JJ... I had thought of that.. [HI]but thank you for reminding me.. now where is Frankie[/HI]... ::bigsmile:

Maybe, sometimes, things people write are not read in the way the author intended...

I must have got it wrong...

It looked to me like you were calling for Frankie for some help...

I was trying, as discreetly as possible, to put you (and other Funsters) in the picture re Frankie's current work load... she so often puts other people's needs in front of her own...

As a lawyer I expect you to argue your corner untill the cows come home... but I do hope the message got through... :thumb:

JJ

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Ok i would think it is

Ajouter de l'eau à la base du coquetier micro-onde (add water at the bottom of the "coquetier" (the stuff you just bought to put the egg in !) et placer un oeuf dans le compartiment en aluminium ; (Put the egg in the aluminum part).Verrouiller le couvercle en forme de poule (lock now the top which has a hen shape (BTW i am now typing with one finger , baby Zoé on my lap.......:RollEyes:)

soft egg ready in 4 minutes

hard egg ready in 7 minutes

I am cooked too.....:yawn: i wish i could go to sleep for 24 hours

Bob why don't use the good old method ? pan , cold water ... egg in it , put it on gas ..... wait for it to boil , then 1 minute and an half for soft egg , 3 minutes hard !

Frankie:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Hi Bob,

As I read it , in my modest French, it basically says put the egg in the chicken thing with a bit of water, put the cover on and lock it, and then put in the microwave.

for soft eggs 4 minutes, for hard 7 minutes.........

What it does not mention is whether you have the egg in the shell or not, is it sold for boiling eggs or poaching eggs? I'm guessing its an egg poacher, so therefore out of the shell.

One time we had one of the Filipino crew on the ship try to boil eggs (in the shell) in a Pyrex dish filled with water in the microwave. :Doh:

Luckily nobody was standing near by when the eggs exploded, and blew the door off the microwave, spitting out bits of egg and boiling water....:Eeek:
The microwave never worked again. It reminded me of the Michael Caine scene in the Italian Job.....

Its amazing how much mess 3 eggs could make. they were well and truly scrambled, all over the galley.....:cry:

Just added this

Link Removed

I guess it looks like this, its an egg poacher, bit a water, into the micro and 4 mins soft, 7 mins hard.....

The ones with a mains power lead can do boiled and / or poached

Last edited:
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
This is what we use....
Link Removed

plus a little water and vinegar....then between 1 and 2 mins in microwave

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
whats this MICROWAVE thingy ????? i guess you need a cable tying your motorhome to a post in the ground for that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
And here am I thinking what is wrong with a pan of boiling water :Doh: Microwaves are only good for boiling my milk for my coffee first thing in the morning :Doh: thinking of which I may have to stick a mug of milk in now ::bigsmile:
terry

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
To be very honest , I rarely use the micro wave for anything else but cooking assuming the dish is earthenware dish or a glass dish (Pyrex) I don't really trust the plastic stuff , i have seen many whose label was saying they were made to go in the micro wave and then see them melt like snow would in the sun!
For the babies's bottles , I , either warm the water up in a pan (preferably inox pan), or boil water in a pan and put the bottle in the boiled water once the gas is switched off .... I surely am in a big hurry when I warm the bottles up in the micro wave....I guess I am very old fashion:Blush: . This explains... might explain why I am so useless with computers::bigsmile:

Frankie:Smile:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I have a couple of silicone egg poachers which you can just float in any old pan of boiling water. Eggsellent.

Only trouble is they are always in the M'H when I want to use em in the kitchen so I have to troll outside wih the keys and back again before I can start cooking my lunch - daft really, why don't I just buy some more for the kitchen! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we call that multi tasking Frankie

Ok i would think it is

Ajouter de l'eau à la base du coquetier micro-onde (add water at the bottom of the "coquetier" (the stuff you just bought to put the egg in !) et placer un oeuf dans le compartiment en aluminium ; (Put the egg in the aluminum part).Verrouiller le couvercle en forme de poule (lock now the top which has a hen shape (BTW i am now typing with one finger , baby Zoé on my lap.......:RollEyes:)

soft egg ready in 4 minutes

hard egg ready in 7 minutes

I am cooked too.....:yawn: i wish i could go to sleep for 24 hours

Bob why don't use the good old method ? pan , cold water ... egg in it , put it on gas ..... wait for it to boil , then 1 minute and an half for soft egg , 3 minutes hard !

Frankie:thumb::thumb::thumb:

we call that multi tasking Frankie.. bouncing the baby and doing something else// they say men cannot do it.

We do not normally have boiled eggs on the RV... but as we saw this little chicken egg thing in a shop we (read Sue) decided we needed it... must say it works..

Thats for the official translation Frankie.. we tried our phrase book, but it just did not read right. ..

Confirmed with the garage ... we found where they are.. all booked in for 3 p.m. we have now got the wheel in the car so we are ready tomorrow.

Thanks for the help on the tire and the egg.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well it works.

Hi Bob,

As I read it , in my modest French, it basically says put the egg in the chicken thing with a bit of water, put the cover on and lock it, and then put in the microwave.

for soft eggs 4 minutes, for hard 7 minutes.........

What it does not mention is whether you have the egg in the shell or not, is it sold for boiling eggs or poaching eggs? I'm guessing its an egg poacher, so therefore out of the shell.

One time we had one of the Filipino crew on the ship try to boil eggs (in the shell) in a Pyrex dish filled with water in the microwave. :Doh:

Luckily nobody was standing near by when the eggs exploded, and blew the door off the microwave, spitting out bits of egg and boiling water....:Eeek:
The microwave never worked again. It reminded me of the Michael Caine scene in the Italian Job.....

Its amazing how much mess 3 eggs could make. they were well and truly scrambled, all over the galley.....:cry:

Just added this

Link Removed

I guess it looks like this, its an egg poacher, bit a water, into the micro and 4 mins soft, 7 mins hard.....

The ones with a mains power lead can do boiled and / or poached

it works.. it has a hole in the top, which I presume lets out air? or pressure? but it is to do a boiled egg.

Love the story.. just reminded me of the ' you are supposed to blow the bloody doors off' ... as you say the italian job..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A rough translation Bob.

throw this sh**e contraption in the bin,
boil a pan of water and place eggs in said pan

boil for 4 mins for a soft egg, 6 to 7 mins for a hard egg.

microwaves and eggs do not mix, well they do when the egg explodes and disappears into every nook and cranny, and the egg turns to rubber (if it doesn't explode, see above)

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thank you John for your suggestion

A rough translation Bob.

throw this sh**e contraption in the bin,
boil a pan of water and place eggs in said pan

boil for 4 mins for a soft egg, 6 to 7 mins for a hard egg.

microwaves and eggs do not mix, well they do when the egg explodes and disappears into every nook and cranny, and the egg turns to rubber (if it doesn't explode, see above)

Thank you John for your suggestion.. Sue will not part with it now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back