Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
Been searching for a while now and believe we have found a MH which may be "the one", it's a Ford Euramobil Profila 622sb. Looking between this one and a Fiat Ducato CI Carioca. The Ford is younger (only 5 yrs old with 37k on the clock and some extras and the Fiat is another 5 yr older with 24k on the clock with no extras.

Anybody have any comments or experience they would like to share before I make the final choice? Big step for us especially after our near misses :Wacko:

Look forward to you views.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have a eura mobil, had it over 3 years and no problems.

They are well made the only thing is lack of dealers in the uk, the only thing we have needed was some little plastic bits, and as we go to Germany just called in the factory and the gave us them. :thumb:

You can stop at the factory it has a stellplatz, you get free electric and parking and pay €1 for 100ltrs of water and a free place to dump your waste.::bigsmile:

Every day at 10.00 until about 12.30 they do a factory tour, and tell them your english and they do it in english for you. They show you how they are made, and at the end of it, you get free rolls / cake/ tea or coffee.

I would say, not having seen it, the better van.:winky:::bigsmile: Bob.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If both vans have the layout you want then the newer van is the one to go for ::bigsmile:(found the tranny for 20.5 k :winky:)Both vans are not what is generally thought premium brands and as such you are not paying PB prices or losses :Smile:To me the newer one is the way to go :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
The Euromobile looks in very good condition and I loved it that the owner has made a you tube video and shows you round the van.

If its what you want I would go with this one.

Sonja

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Eura mobil Profila 580L on Ford chasis and love it. Have looked at LOADS of m/h's since we had ours and not seen a single one that we'd prefer.

Wyn

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is the mileage reasonable?

My RV has less than 18k on the clock and is in it's 6th year. There two motorhomes have a lot more miles under the belt... is that normal on a European??? I recall a post by Peter of Johns Cross Motorhomes which thought a certain mileage for a vehicles age went against it... I think it was more.. but what is the mileage expected on a 5 or 6 year old motor home..??

Just wondering

Bob:Blush:

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
My RV has less than 18k on the clock and is in it's 6th year. There two motorhomes have a lot more miles under the belt... is that normal on a European??? I recall a post by Peter of Johns Cross Motorhomes which thought a certain mileage for a vehicles age went against it... I think it was more.. but what is the mileage expected on a 5 or 6 year old motor home..??

Just wondering

:winky: If it was more economical you would use it more Bob. :ROFLMAO:

Our vans an april 07 and when we got march 09 it had done 4500 miles, it has 28000 on the clock now, and we have enjoyed every minute of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
now, now Bob.. that is ducking the question

:winky: If it was more economical you would use it more Bob. :ROFLMAO:

Our vans an april 07 and when we got march 09 it had done 4500 miles, it has 28000 on the clock now, and we have enjoyed every minute of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Now, now Bob, that is ducking the question.. it was not an RV v Eurobox question .. it was what is the normal for certain ages.

In RV's.. you get people living in the full time so may have lower mileage due to that. But I am not sold that there are as many full timers in tiny euroboxes:winky:.. seriously .. I know cars are expected to do about 8k a year but what about a motor home? is there a basis .. party A may look after it better than party B .. but A may have less miles on the clock that party B if you follow me...

When I purchased my last day van for example I saw some with over 100K on the clock and others down in the 20k... mine was 35k in the end... as I felt those in the 100k mileage looked OK but had a lot more wear and tear on the engine, drive chain etc.,

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: Hi Bob it is normal to use a eurobox ::bigsmile: without thinking about mileage :Smile: or fuel -A euro will do 250,000 miles without trouble (ask white van man) so your big engined yank tank will be good for a million easy (ask big wagon drivers) 10 yrs ago when Iwent to the states a lot they did cars (caddys) that went for 100,000 mls before needing its first service ::bigsmile:they did not count oil changes as service bits :Smile:
terry

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I know what you mean Bob, there is a RV on site at La Manga Spain, only done 16000 miles from new and they had it from new.
He wants to sell it, but.................................it has not turned a wheel for 5 years, and in the last 12 years it has not had an MOT, and 5 years ago they moved pitches.

So a one owner RV with 16000 miles. :Doh:

The only thing he can do is drive it back to the UK without mot and most probably invalid Insurance and no tax, and spend an arm and leg at least changing all the tyres and brakes if he gets them off to move it. :cry:

Would you buy it ? I would rather buy one that was used and serviced and the mileage is reflected in the price. :thumb: Bob.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back