Free Member
Jun 3, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
autotrail cherokee
Exp
since1970
Hi all just joined this forum my wifes name is dorothy and ime Jeff we have been motorhoming for 42 years started with a self built splitty was in france when elvis passed in a commer self built and met billy fury in wales in a thames van i think .Anyway have a autotrail cherokee now .saw you all at the peterbourgh show so thought i would have a look hope those that was there got out ok ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to the forum

A warm welcome to the forum... yes I got out of the mud and I might add my rear wheel drive Winnebago RV just drove off.. not like a lot of european motor homes....

OK.. with the help of Bob & Jane our marshals (that did a fantastic job) we were positioned not a million miles from the dirt track (as it became).. but we had RV's either side of us that both had to be towed off... :RollEyes::RollEyes:

It was a shame the weather was so bad.. we did not get to see many people over the weekend. In 25 years of doing shows I can say it was the worse one weather wise.

Anyway join in the banter.. suggest you pay the 10 subs for the year as your free posts will soon run out.. lots of people on here with years of knowledge and always happy to chat.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard... (now less the mud to the belly)

:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, look forward to having you aboard, you must have a story or two to tell. :welcomefunster:

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
Hi all just joined this forum my wifes name is dorothy and ime Jeff we have been motorhoming for 42 years started with a self built splitty was in france when elvis passed in a commer self built and met billy fury in wales in a thames van i think .Anyway have a autotrail cherokee now .saw you all at the peterbourgh show so thought i would have a look hope those that was there got out ok ::bigsmile:

i too was in france (77) when elvis went but hitching that was two years before i got my first vw split ,did meet a couple in barcelona port in a commer van in 78 but i dont think it was you as they were quite old then or seemed it to a 22year old

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

And already im learning from you
I'd no idea Elvis passed away In France living in a Commer self build or that Billy Fury lived in Wales in a Thames van
Thanks for the insight and a very warm welcome to Fun
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jeffro

Free Member
Jun 3, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
autotrail cherokee
Exp
since1970
Thanks for all your replies looks like a nice forum i am afraid i dont come from a computer age so a big learning curve for me . I to live in Kent white cliffs country so very handy for the ferrys .No it wasnt me you met i was only 26 then regards jeff

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What do you mean elvis passed away ? :cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.