LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Following on from the Post Office and Euro debate, the following sprung to mind.

Members on here give far too much info out, amounts of money they take away with them, dates they are away etc.

It took me less than 5 mins to find one funsters full address, phone number and email address. If I can do it so can someone else who is less than honest.

Jim, it may be a good idea to give some advice on this...

Yes I know, some of the data you publish may not be true, but silly things like "I have just changed £2500 in to euro's and am hiding them in the van in the safe in the wardrobe and I will be away from the 18th to the 29th is not smart, so think on.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Following on from the Post Office and Euro debate, the following sprung to mind.

Members on here give far too much info out, amounts of money they take away with them, dates they are away etc.

[HI]It took me less than 5 mins to find one funsters full address, phone number and email address[/HI]. If I can do it so can someone else who is less than honest.

Jim, it may be a good idea to give some advice on this...

Yes I know, some of the data you publish may not be true, but silly things like "I have just changed £2500 in to euro's and am hiding them in the van in the safe in the wardrobe and I will be away from the 18th to the 29th is not smart, so think on.
And 2 mins more to view every aspect of the area on street level. It's not just the law who are using technology. :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I've made this point in previous posts. I tend to tell people where we've been upon our return rather than announcing the fact the we are going away. Seems common sense to me

Wyn

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Sound advice that Dave thanks

All the best Rick

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Yes, I've made this point in previous posts. I tend to tell people where we've been upon our return rather than announcing the fact the we are going away. Seems common sense to me

Wyn

Again very wise, it is the one thing I don't need to wory about as our house is never empty even when we are away.

All the best Rick

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If I can do it so can someone else who is less than honest.

Yes but court records show that you have been up to your neck in fraud all your life.

Scale is on our side. You are talking relatively sophisticated crime and quote a paltry £2500. Of all the targets on the web that does not add up to significant risk. The chances of one of just a few thousand members who pay to post on here getting hit is tiny.

Be sensible but don't lose sleep over it, whereas remember the relatively high number on here who have lost money or got very close to that on the road. That is covered in Jim's book.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yes but court records show that you have been up to your neck in fraud all your life.

Scale is on our side. You are talking relatively sophisticated crime and quote a paltry £2500. Of all the targets on the web that does not add up to significant risk. The chances of one of just a few thousand members who pay to post on here getting hit is tiny.

Be sensible but don't lose sleep over it, whereas remember the relatively high number on here who have lost money or got very close to that on the road. That is covered in Jim's book.

Not as clear as what you think... if a motorhomer 'publishes' the fact that he/she is away from home and gives those dates, and tells the world that he and his wife and dog are away for three weeks, then the property is unoccupied. Simple enough, break in end of worries, you will know that the owners are away and you will know roughly where they will be. I doubt if some smackhead would be bothered about being sophisticated, just kick in the door, the neighbours may or may not take any notice of an alarm going off.

All I am saying is take care...

The economy is on the down so crime goes up....

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
You will probably find that the hairdresser / barber has more information than you think. Dont know about you but the standard question in my hairdressers is Having a holiday this year dear......

Same as where you change your money up they know how much you have changed and normally your address wouldnt take much to think you are going away soon.

Also we may be away but our house is never empty - Kids never answer the phone, sometimes answer the door. Always answer their mobiles though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
and you get the members on here that put up pictures of there pride and joy,with the reg number if full view:Doh: all the information that i need to get an address:Doh:
and put links up to an something they buy on ebay,then i get thier ebay profile off the feedback:Doh:
i find google earth a great source of information:thumb:
as dave says too much information posted on this forum:RollEyes:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I give out all my details an then if they break in they can clean up for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
You will probably find that the hairdresser / barber has more information than you think. Dont know about you but the standard question in my hairdressers is Having a holiday this year dear......

Not in my case, they usually faint if I walk near the shop..:ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
For once I don't blame the Labour government, this time it's Heyupluv's fault for waking Shifty up. :Smile:

Thanks Rolf:Doh: I asked Shifty to pay us with Pay pal.....but NOWT has come yet:Eeek:

Mel

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I just hope you and Chrissie are not holding your breath, the fish we had was a nice piece of cod, fried to perfection, uisng Tunisian beer batter mix, all cooked in lard..

See, all you need is a grasp of the lingo, drop the Sussex accent and you get propper food...

I may pop around later on and teach ya a few words like....

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
When we are away its always when my brother is on leave from the SAS with his mates they crash here with thier pitbulls and various sharp pointy toys and bangy things till we get back !!!:Cool:

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Bt the way is there an edit feature anywhere to alter posts :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.