Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi all.

We're looking at replacing our current motorhome with a 2010 Elddis Autoquest 180. Anybody have points or comments, good or bad, about this model? Main use will be with four adults and two very young children.

Thanks
SS

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
A good MH but would think you would find restrictive both in size and payload for that number of people.

sealski

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
We wished we could have had the 180. But due to length and size of drive we settled for the 145 (we only had to accommodate 3 ( 2 on most occasions) adults, 1 Child + 1 small dog).

Apart from some problems created by Elddis, it is a great van to drive and tour in.

If the time ever comes that we would like to full time, we would have to change, because i do not think it will be big enough, especially for storage of all our clutter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We have a 2011 155 and the main gripe is the ridiculously undersize water tank. At 45lts it is a joke. This years has gone up to 90lts, but even that is too small.
If we decide to full or part time at any point we will have to change makes or bite the bullet and order from Cak Tanks and "upgrade" ourselves.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi steelysteph!

We bought the Autoquest 180 just over a year ago, there's only the two of us, but sometimes we have three adults in it. You can have 4 people belted in the middle seats, over and above the driver and front passenger. We have been happy with ours, the water tank is quite small, but not too much of a problem for 3 people if you watch it, but we usually back it up with the 45 litres Aquaroll, which gives us 90 litres.

It's down to personal preference, but I would think that 4 adults and 2 young children in "any" motorhome would push you to the limit:Doh:
We got the 180 because we wanted plenty space for just us two, the overcab large bed is great for storing all the bed linen, etc. But our daughter is over 6 feet and she slept up there and said she was really comfortable and had plenty leg room etc.
Have attached the link below for the road test that was done by the Practial Motorhome editor Rob Ganley with 4 adults and one infant in 2010.
Link Removed

Good luck with your search:thumb:
Bill & Margaret

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We use a 40ltr Aquaroll as well. It's guaranteed that the level will drop in the Aquaroll and the pump will start to run like mad when you are in a "state of undress" and can't get out quickly to stop it :ROFLMAO:
I think I have startled many a camper and probably taught them some new words when it happens :Eeek:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I forgot to mention that when we go to sites that are fully serviced, we connect directly to the mains water and so never run short:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We wished we could have had the 180. But due to length and size of drive we settled for the 145 (we only had to accommodate 3 ( 2 on most occasions) adults, 1 Child + 1 small dog).

Apart from some problems created by Elddis, it is a great van to drive and tour in.

If the time ever comes that we would like to full time, we would have to change, because i do not think it will be big enough, especially for storage of all our clutter

We full timed in an Elddis Autoquest Suntour 140...07 reg for over 12 months and found there was enough space in it..we used the overcab bed for storage of all the bedding and small lightweight stuff the only thing we found really restrictive was the fridge size and the fresh water at only 45 ltrs...we only exchanged the van because we wanted a fixed bed...Smashing vans...

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We've Got One!

We have a 2010 Autoquest 180 and had it for 1 year. It's only my wife and I that use it and there is obviously plenty of space for us.

The fellow we bought it off had equipped it with roof bars and a very large top box - this would be very handy for you as with 4 adults it gives storage to things like chairs/loungers etc.
which I think you'd need.

As stated the water tank is a bit on the small side but it's not really a problem. We have just let our son and his girlfriend use it and they had a great time touring the Ardeche/Dordogne regions of France. They both loved the van and want to use it again. On their return we immediately set off for Norfolk and made the most of the lovely weather we've just had.

We love it - it's a great motorhome.

Rob and Lee

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi steelysteph!

We bought the Autoquest 180 just over a year ago, there's only the two of us, but sometimes we have three adults in it. You can have 4 people belted in the middle seats, over and above the driver and front passenger. We have been happy with ours, the water tank is quite small, but not too much of a problem for 3 people if you watch it, but we usually back it up with the 45 litres Aquaroll, which gives us 90 litres.

It's down to personal preference, but I would think that 4 adults and 2 young children in "any" motorhome would push you to the limit:Doh:
We got the 180 because we wanted plenty space for just us two, the overcab large bed is great for storing all the bed linen, etc. But our daughter is over 6 feet and she slept up there and said she was really comfortable and had plenty leg room etc.
Have attached the link below for the road test that was done by the Practial Motorhome editor Rob Ganley with 4 adults and one infant in 2010.
Link Removed

Good luck with your search:thumb:
Bill & Margaret

Thanks for the info. Most of the time it will probably be just the two of us, it's just once or twice a year when the daughter, son-in-law and their two younglings will be with us. We managed in the Moncayo with four adults and one youngster so we should be ok :Smile:

We're taking it out for a test drive on Thursday so I'll let you know. :thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We love ours too, but that small tank is the main gripe. The fridge is a tad small but is ok for just the two of us.

As it happens, I had to go to our local dealer this afternoon for a light lens that I appear to have lost somewhere in the Lake District (must have been too close to the scenery :Blush: ) and mentioned that I had been in contact with Elddis about upgrading to this years 90ltr tank. I said that they were not very helpful and told me it can't be done, because of the weight problem, according to them. The result is that I am on their list for a larger tank. They are going to order all the bits for me and it should be done by the end of June. Can't get the bits any quicker.
I am also getting a kitchen drop down flap from a 120 that will fit on the seating end of the kitchen. This will give us more space to work around the sink area. Something else that Elddis weren't interested in :Angry: .
I am also going to mount our microwave in the space that is supposed to have the tv in. We never have the tv there anyway, on the rare occasions that we watch it. Once it is mounted I will panel the back in so that it isn't on view from the bed.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a 2004 Autoquest 100 for five and a half years (two adults). I got into the habit of topping up the water tank using a 25 litre jerry can each day when we weren't using site showers/washing-up facilities. Easy enough with the submersible pump that came with the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back