Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Over 4 years ago we bought a tomtom from halfrauds, it came with the standard 1yr warranty and we did'nt bother taking out the optional extra 2yr warranty (it was quite expensive at the time). after about 20 months it broke down, I tried all the usual stuff to no avail then contacted tomtom's service dept who were very helpful and talked me through several things to do on the computer. None of it worked so the chap at tomtom said he would send me packaging and postage paid secure mailing stuff, I told him it was out of warranty so if the repair was going to be expensive phone me first. heard nothing for 2 weeks then received a brand new tomtom in the the post FREE.Coming home from Newbury the other week it broke again and the same thing happened, this morning I received another new tomtom in the post FREE again. I know that these things should last longer than they have,but fair play to tomtom for the way they have dealt with it :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know that these things should last longer than they have,but fair play to tomtom for the way they have dealt with it :thumb:

There is a rumour that a tomtom employee was called into the CEO's office and said "You are awarded €1000 for your brilliant idea on how to get rid of that huge batch of duff units we can't afford to recycle. €25 each to recycle or €10 to post it to some idot who thinks we are doing him a favour".

Surely not true.

OP
OP
SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
There is a rumour that a tomtom employee was called into the CEO's office and said "You are awarded €1000 for your brilliant idea on how to get rid of that huge batch of duff units we can't afford to recycle. €25 each to recycle or €10 to post it to some idot who thinks we are doing him a favour".

Surely not true.

who cares ? got a new sat nav has'nt cost me anything except the original price, if it lasts till july I'm still better off than I was 2 weeks ago. if they keep sending me ones from the duff batch for another 4 yrs I'll be a happy bunny.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Similar thing happened to my 700 a couple of years ago. It was 5 years old and bought in Holland, it broke down and I contacted tomtom, they sent packaging and returned a new one 2 weeks later. I had no receipt for the original one and did not hold much chance of a cheap repair so was delighted when I received a new one, they didn't even charge me postage. Great after sales service.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back