Ooh er Missus! We're tuggers!!!! (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well we've been and gone and done it!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We've bought a caravan!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Will we be excommunicated??:winky:

We're going to sell the Knaus and buy a LWB conversion to tow the caravan to Spain and leave it there :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thinking of doing a similar thing but keeping the van.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
:roflmto:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

We're going to sell the Knaus and buy a LWB conversion to tow the caravan to Spain and leave it there :Smile:

Suppose we could turn a blind eye to you becoming "TUGGERS".... cos yoom not a bad couple really...:Cool:

You do have your faults, and my heartfelt sypathy`s go out to Rex..:RollEyes:

But life goes on... enjoy your Tuggin... :thumb:

XXX

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Oi get a funster sticker on your new caravan! :roflmto:

DSC02845z.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Caravan... dunno if that is a good move but hey.............
Two things spring to mind Marie

1) At least it will not have a step :winky:

2) Remember, if you hear a loud da da da da da da the water pump aint broken.. and you know now how to fix the problem !!! :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy your new purchase :thumb:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years

Excommunicated ? Never, but we may well start speaking to you slowly and enunciating each word carefully so you understand us and with an a slightly condecending smile on our faces.

All the best

Peter

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Often thought about a Van Conversion plus a caravan and to leave the caravan in storage over the summer in Spain.

Use the Van for touring in the summer and then pull the caravan onto the site for the winter.

As yet I just can't get my head around the lack of space in a conversion.

Good luck with your new combo, you'll have to let us know how it works out, pros and cons.

Pete:Cool:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Often thought about a Van Conversion plus a caravan and to leave the caravan in storage over the summer in Spain.

Use the Van for touring in the summer and then pull the caravan onto the site for the winter.

As yet I just can't get my head around the lack of space in a conversion.

Good luck with your new combo, you'll have to let us know how it works out, pros and cons.

Pete:Cool:
Having a van parked in Spain is a great idea if you have other family members who can also use the van or join you for extended stays. Gives you great flexibility. I do similar using my Pennine, not quite but nearly a caravan. We all get use of it. Great idea without the long term commitment of owning a static.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
bit like his VW not quite a motor home

Having a van parked in Spain is a great idea if you have other family members who can also use the van or join you for extended stays. Gives you great flexibility. I do similar using my Pennine, not quite but nearly a caravan. We all get use of it. Great idea without the long term commitment of owning a static.:thumb:

Bit like the VW Buttons.. not quite like a motor home .. more a wannabe:reel::reel::reel:

Bob:Blush:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Bit like the VW Buttons.. not quite like a motor home .. more a wannabe:reel::reel::reel:

Bob:Blush:
Now as you well know Bob,:Nowink: everything about motorhoming is a complete compromise,:Tongue1: I could list a hundred positives for owning a VW as I could for choosing a Pennine over a full blown caravan.:thumb:

A few examples......why drive a super duper California that will fit under any height barrier if you are going to be restricted by the height of your caravan......The Pennine can become a caravan in two minutes on any ground, no pegging required.......Why have a vehicle that delivers unbelievably fantastic MPG, then spoil it with a full size caravan in tow’.......The Pennine when being towed sits below my rear view so you don’t even know it is there.......On site with the awning up the Pennine has four large proper beds and huge living areas that can also sleep if required........ Would you like me to continue?:Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
after all this time e comes clean

Now as you well know Bob,:Nowink: everything about motorhoming is a complete compromise,:Tongue1: I could list a hundred positives for owning a VW as I could for choosing a Pennine over a full blown caravan.:thumb:

A few examples......why drive a super duper California that will fit under any height barrier if you are going to be restricted by the height of your caravan......The Pennine can become a caravan in two minutes on any ground, no pegging required.......Why have a vehicle that delivers unbelievably fantastic MPG, then spoil it with a full size caravan in tow’.......The Pennine when being towed sits below my rear view so you don’t even know it is there.......On site with the awning up the Pennine has four large proper beds and huge living areas that can also sleep if required........ Would you like me to continue?:Cool:

At long last Buttons comes clean.. he has us all believe he and his all got in to that VW .. you know the one that does 98 mpg:winky: But now we know where the toilet is.. it is in the trailer behind.... so Buttons has to take two vehicles also when he goes away... a lot of us tow, and have the car at the end of the journey... we sleep, eat and yes use a toilet in the RV or motor home...... now Buttons the question.... do you sleep in the VW and go tot he trailer bit or do you sleep in the trailer bit? we know there is not much room in your (day van....cannot bring myself to say motor home) vehicle.... but it has taken a very very long time to get the skinny on this.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is it any less at risk in Spain?

To be serious, if leaving you belongings in it in storage you need an alarm and possibly a small solar panel to keep it running.

Is the caravan any less at risk in Spain than the UK? look how many go walk about. Is the storage secure? I would have worries myself... with the RV outside the door I can hear the alarm and keep an eye on my property... a 1,000 miles away? .. no, not for me.

Bob

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Is the caravan any less at risk in Spain than the UK? look how many go walk about. Is the storage secure? I would have worries myself... with the RV outside the door I can hear the alarm and keep an eye on my property... a 1,000 miles away? .. no, not for me.

Bob

Well Bob that's why we're doing it and you're not :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the same token we wouldn't have an American RV if it was given to us - well we would accept it so we could sell it and buy something European :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
At long last Buttons comes clean.. he has us all believe he and his all got in to that VW .. you know the one that does 98 mpg:winky: But now we know where the toilet is.. it is in the trailer behind.... so Buttons has to take two vehicles also when he goes away... a lot of us tow, and have the car at the end of the journey... we sleep, eat and yes use a toilet in the RV or motor home...... now Buttons the question.... do you sleep in the VW and go tot he trailer bit or do you sleep in the trailer bit? we know there is not much room in your (day van....cannot bring myself to say motor home) vehicle.... but it has taken a very very long time to get the skinny on this.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bob:winky:
Good try Bob but complete nonsense of course.....:Blush:we only ever use the Pennine if we are not travelling alone. Or if the kids fancy a week away in it. The California has more than enough room for two larger than life occupants who enjoy the good things. We have a own wc on board but also carry a small toilet tent case we both need the loo at the same time. Small is beautiful.:youbetcha:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Is the caravan any less at risk in Spain than the UK? look how many go walk about. Is the storage secure? I would have worries myself... with the RV outside the door [HI]I can hear the alarm [/HI]and keep an eye on my property... a 1,000 miles away? .. no, not for me.

Bob
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well Bob that's why we're doing it and you're not :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

By the same token we wouldn't have an American RV if it was given to us - well we would accept it so [HI]we could sell it and buy something [STRIKE]European [/STRIKE][/HI]Decent :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
We are giving it a lot of thought about selling the van and getting a twin axle caravan, pros and cons for both Gray.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We are giving it a lot of thought about selling the van and getting a twin axle caravan, pros and cons for both Gray.

That's why we're doing both!
When we're in Spain for the winter we really need more living space so a caravan with a lounge and an awning is ideal.
In the summer when we're touring the smaller motorhome means we can be more flexible with our routes and sites. Thinking mountains and very narrow roads!

SO - there will be a Knaus Sunliner 658LG going up for sale very very soon!:winky: Just about in time for the bring'n'buy!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well I think Marie has got it right....:thumb:

Rex pi$$e$ her orft and she is away in the M.H....

If Marie Pi$e$ Rex orft away he goes and they both have Beds/Cookers/Toilet...

It``s a Win - Win situation.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Baby Sis... you know it makes sense... for those of us who have multi uses for our live in vehicles (rather than just going to a camp site for a month's summer holiday) we have to be able to cope with different situations...

I think your idea is great... best of both worlds... large living place for the winter in a location you know and love... and a sensible sized touring van to visit exciting places like QMJ and the off site lakeside and mountain top parking places...

Indeed... there is a strong possibility that once the Wagon has gone through its paperwork changes and become road legal again... it might have a caravan hooked onto the back of it too. I do believe you and Rex have seen the caravan in question in the South of France...:winky:

In this way the rear of the Wagon will be able to keep its endearing bachelor features free from the hard to achieve cleanliness standards of royalty whilst The Princess can maintain her standards of living in the annex :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We sold our MH a couple of weeks ago. It was always kept on our drive outside the house but since it has gone, we have had 4 different friends say that they thought we were away in the van so did not call. If they made that assumption, then others who may well decide to make a call will no doubt have done so as well.:Eeek:

Shirley will not use a bike and we wanted independent transport with us. We looked at various ideas around scooters, tow cars etc but decided against for various reasons.

We bought a caravan a couple of days ago and will look forward to seeing Funsters at Malvern. We will be keeping it elsewhere though when not in use :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back