TomTom Camper and Caravan software (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are looking over the next few days to purchase a sat nav, thanks for the post at least now we can look at the tom tom, we had ruled them out because they didn.t have that facility.

Kate.

dawny

Free Member
May 21, 2012
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
im a newbie
Hi All,
Not sure whether this info is new (apologies if it's not!) but just come across it while updating my GPS.
Note, it mentions that the software will be available shortly for existing TomTom devices/users.
http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/camper-...ban_loc= Home&WT.z_ban_id=1&WT.z_ban=3&WT.ac=

:Eeek:
John

I saw that and thought it was great! I have a tom tom for the motorhome and I thought it was a bit steep to buy another so I am delighted that the softwear will be available for my old one! thank you!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We are looking over the next few days to purchase a sat nav, thanks for the post at least now we can look at the tom tom, we had ruled them out because they didn.t have that facility.

Kate.

WE're on our second TomTom, I do a lot of driving in Europe on business and found Tomtom really good. Interestingly, when the first one packed up the Tomtom team asked how long iI'd had it, when I told them 6/7 years they said I'd probably done well! They were very helpful though and offered a 20% discount off a new model (Go LIVE 825) in Nov 2011.
It's been fine until recently when it couldn't find any a GPS signal but a software fix yesterday via the internet has hopefully solved that (not used it since).
Hope this helps.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
95% of motorhomers can use regular tomtom mapping throughout Europe and don't require a "special Edition" Most of the loaded motorhome related waypoints are probably available free (to subscribers) in our download section.

IMO A total waste of money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
More important than whether it's a "Special Edition" or not, is whether it will do what you require. My Garmin NuLink 1695 has developed a personality disorder and a fetish for back roads of dubious width :Eeek:
I've always been pleased with my TomToms until my Go Live 125 crashed catastrophically doing a map update. Its replacement did the same and we are now in protracted discussions with TomTom.
In my case (is it only me:Blush:) our Broadband connection struggles to achieve 1.95mbs speed and TomTom's software doesn't seem to be capable of handling this. Is that my fault or TomTom's?
Coming back to 'whether it will do what you require', I will only now buy a satnav that can be updated by buying SD Card maps despite the higher cost.......and it just so happens that the Camper and Caravan one will :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back