Larger Fresh water tank? (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
We love our Autoquest 115 2008 But it falls down with not holding enough water?!! Only has a 40lt tank!! (You can get 50lt if you fill up, pump through so the water heater is full, 10lt, and them refill!)

Is it possible to fit a larger on-board water tank (But below floor)?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Noggin -get under the van armed with a tape measure :thumb:Then see what CAK TANKS have or charge to make you one.You may well be able to fit a bigger tank along the side /in space of the one you have
edit You can suspend the new tank with either metal straps or a couple of the cheap ratchet straps
terry

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
make sure this new water capacity dont take you over weight :thumb:

dont forget you may have to get a bigger waste tank to cope with the extra fresh you are going to use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I must admit that after using out MH for 6 months the 200 litre fresh & waste tanks are invaluable and I would try to get bigger tanks fitted, perhaps just fillling to capacity when you arrive on site if GVW is a problem

Dave

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We have the same problem with our Autoquest 155.
This years model is 90ltr. When I enquired if it was possible to fit the larger tank, Elddis said it wasn't possible because of the weight. I asked them if they meant vehicle gross weight or if the floor/chassis couldn't handle the new weight. I am still waiting for a reply two months later.

Cak tanks quoted around £130, self fit for a complete tank.
I am now looking at a smaller tank to go alongside the existing one (linked) to save moving pumps and wiring etc.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
We have the same problem with our Autoquest 155.
This years model is 90ltr. When I enquired if it was possible to fit the larger tank, Elddis said it wasn't possible because of the weight. I asked them if they meant vehicle gross weight or if the floor/chassis couldn't handle the new weight. I am still waiting for a reply two months later.

Cak tanks quoted around £130, self fit for a complete tank.
I am now looking at a smaller tank to go alongside the existing one (linked) to save moving pumps and wiring etc.

dont forget to link the top of the tanks as well as the bottom otherwise the air wont escape as the water goes in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Noggin,

if these are your weight details, I think you should look into getting your motorhome weight up-rated before you fit a bigger tank.

eldis.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back