Brighton - do I have to join CC? :-/ (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Been looking at booking a site for the van next friday - just need the one night for a gig in Brighton on friday night.

Sheepcote seems to be the only option within reach of the town centre - but it's a Caravan Club site - does that mean I have to be a member to book in?

It would be brilliant to overnight in the van; but a pitch plus CC membership makes it a rather expensive booking! :Angry:

Do I have any other options, other than the train?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You never know someone may live in Brighton with a drive for the van for 1 night ::bigsmile: you can but ask????????

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
On most CC sites there is always a non-member supplement of around £8 but some are 'members-only' I've checked on the website and Sheepcote does accept non-members. There are vacancies for next Friday. I don't know how as a non-member you can book as online booking is for members only so perhaps you have to phone direct. It's bank-holiday weekend so I'd do it now if I were you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yup, you always need to ring Sheepcote yesterday LOL, they do get mega packed. And don't ever be tempted to park up on the approach road if the site is full, which wends its way through a 'public open space' because there's an encampment of 'travellers' there. Which we know about to our cost ......

However the CC site at Worthing is actually nice - if not nicer? - too but outside Worthing centre and public transport is fine during the day - into Worthing then another bus all along t'front to Brighton pier - if you aren't in a rush that is.

I don't know of anywhere else suitable in the vicinity, which is a bit of a PITA. So I wish someone would open one! (or find one and tell us)

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Arrive late (after 8pm), park up in the "late arrivals area" with EHU, leave early in the morning without paying a fee. Job Done.

Sneaky, but could be done.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We were at Sheepcote last weekend for 4 days, everything was Ok until the Saturday evening (9:30ish)

Suddenly saw blue flashing lights outside the camper, opened door to find an Ambulance outside with lots of people running around.

10 minutes later, 1 Ambulance, 1 Paramedic and 10 Police cars later, I realised something was seriously wrong.

Apparantly someone in the tent field was found dead in their tent, police had to attend as it was an "unexpected death" and needed to be treated as suspicious.

All was clear after about 2 hours, but to see all this response come charging up the road with Blues flashing and Siren wailing was somewhat disturbing.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
It was a joke but also a comment.

Don't do smileys as I'm a married man and not allowed to show signs of happiness or contentment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back