Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
The previous owner removed the shower from the camper, but I want to put a trigger shower in and wondered if anyone could suggest where I might find a photograph of what should be there?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds to me like he had leak problems why else would it be removed. Anyway good luck with the replacement.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Shower

He told me that he had removed the shower from his rerplacement Hymer as well, saying thath they were running out of hot water. The heater works perfectly and consistently, so I can only assume that they were trying to use it as they would at home. Welcome back by the way, we were down your way last week on the way home and stopped for a pasty at Hartland Quay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would of asked the previous owner to give you the shower he removed from either van :)

as for trigger handsets, their easy enough to find on ebay or any good accessory shop
Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
$%28KGrHqJ,%21qQE-Ye0DQ26BPoTQtH,Jw%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
i would of asked the previous owner to give you the shower he removed from either van :)

as for trigger handsets, their easy enough to find on ebay or any good accessory shop
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed
Link Removed

Link Removed

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I've got the head.

I can't see where he's disconnected it from and his phone is on answerphone. All I can see is the knob which changes from hot to cold water and two holes in the top of the unit, but no obvious point from which it's been disconnected underneath and there isn't a lot of room under there.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I can't see where he's disconnected it from and his phone is on answerphone. All I can see is the knob which changes from hot to cold water and two holes in the top of the unit, but no obvious point from which it's been disconnected underneath and there isn't a lot of room under there.

Bushtrekker I have taken this photo off the internet of a Hymer tramp shower does it look the same as yours....

If not, could you put some photo's so we can see what you are talking about and then we may be able to help you

Mel

Attachments

• hymer tramp shower.jpg
    hymer tramp shower.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
That looks like a new Hymer Tramp

This is what my shower room looks like, showing the holes where it looks as though there should be a tap, but I can't see any blocked off pipes.

Attachments

• IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 17

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
This is what my shower room looks like, showing the holes where it looks as though there should be a tap, but I can't see any blocked off pipes.

It looks like the silly man has taken the complete connection out, how mad is that....,can you get to the pipes from the underneath .....what year is the Hymer.

Mel

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I thought that.

It's a 1988 Hymer and I seem to remember seeing on an old catalogue which I can't re-locate that the shower head sits in the unit next to where the sink comes down.

When I reached underneath I assumed that he had just blanked a pipe off, but as you say it looks as though the lot is missing. The shower room is immaculate and the tray free of cracks, so I'm reluctant to remove panels.

John

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
It's a 1988 Hymer and I seem to remember seeing on an old catalogue which I can't re-locate that the shower head sits in the unit next to where the sink comes down.

When I reached underneath I assumed that he had just blanked a pipe off, but as you say it looks as though the lot is missing. The shower room is immaculate and the tray free of cracks, so I'm reluctant to remove panels.

John

John, if you can to the pipes from underneath...that's fine, don't remove any panels... what happens when you turn the control knob from hot to cold

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I haven't tried turning it.

There is an identical one in the kitchen area, so I'm fairly sure that it controls the water from the boiler.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
There is an identical one in the kitchen area, so I'm fairly sure that it controls the water from the boiler.

Give Peter a call.. PM..on here MHFun (John CrossMotorhomes) he is a Fun Member, he will help you if he can most likely tell you to contact his service manager for advice...he will know what you require for your Hymer tramp

Mel

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Thanks and more pictures.

Cheers Mel, I'll PM Peter later as he has already given me their number to establish what the fitting is for my awning. I've managed to establish this morning how their colour code works and at which point the water is mixed, but still can't work out how the hell he got to it. although it looks as though the mirror can be removed for access. Here are some pictures taken on my mobile this morning.
John

Attachments

• IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 6

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun