St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Is there any restrictions on what size gas bottles I can take on the ferry? I have 1 x 6kg bottle and 1 x 13kg bottle.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we have never been asked on the ferry or had it checked but do believe like pappa says on P&O its 2 x 13 but i think on one of the others it is a smaller bottle that is allowed. On the tunnel crossing they not only ask but also check it is turned off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i just googled carrying gas bottles on brittany ferries . they have their own answer from brittany ferries own web . .yes 3x15kg bottles but they must all be securely fixed .to stop movement while on the ferry .
what ferry are you going on ?try a google .i just did that one as op, did say they were going to brittany.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes on the tunnel they check

we have never been asked on the ferry or had it checked but do believe like pappa says on P&O its 2 x 13 but i think on one of the others it is a smaller bottle that is allowed. On the tunnel crossing they not only ask but also check it is turned off

Yes I can confirm that both ways they check that the gas is off and often want to see the gauge to confirm the amount in the tank... we have fixed LPG (Heating / cooking / fridge) ...no LPG driven vehicle in the tunnel....

At this end they have several areas they pull you into to check that it is turned off... and in France it is down at the last barrier before you get in to the departure lanes.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back