Red Dragon invades Germany (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Yes we are finally going,passports done,Motorhome packed,fistful of cheap euro's,and the Girls really,really excited, so look out Europe we invade your shores on Monday,:thumb:
30 odd years since I was last there,do they still drive on the wrong side of the ROAD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Take a big loop south and enter via Poland - that'll catch them unaware.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's great you guys can tour Europe now, ::bigsmile: take plenty of pics and tell us all about it:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am sure you will all have a great holiday, enjoy. :thumb:

SuperDuty

Free Member
Jan 16, 2012
Germany
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Hello Steve,Jinxia & Yingying,
great, welcome in "Europe"
IthinkEnglishpeoplearealwayswelcomeon thecontinent - if they are driving on the right side ::bigsmile:
Seven month we are in Andalusia, therearemany niceenglishmanhere.

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Many thanks for your replies,thanks Jim,Yingying is doing a travel blog for school so we will record and picture our travels.
Big thanks to Brian for that information,we had St Goar on our itinerary,but not the Schloss
so thats just been put into " must see places" folder.:thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
[HI said:
hilldweller;599334]One of my favourite sites....

Link Removed
[/HI]

And surely Yingying has to see....

http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/index.htm

by staying here.......

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=47.598495,10.739007&spn=0.010953,0.023088&t=h&z=16

The site looks busy (Loreleyblick), is it important to book ahead in September say? and have you used public transport from the site to Koblenz? I know there are rail lines on the river?.

What makes it a favouite site of yours?

Thanks Brian

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Have a great journey. Amanda looks forward to the pics and she said to give Yingying & Jinxia a big hug from her.

Kate x​

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If Koblenz is on your list this site Link Removed is the closest to the city. There is a water taxi that takes you across the river during the day.
The guy who operates the boat is very pedantic when it comes to times. We were on the last boat in the evening and he wouldn't let 2 back packers on even though it was nearly empty and still tied up, because they arrived about 30 seconds after the closing time.:Doh:

You probably will have to book as it's very popular because of it's river side location, and proximity to the city.

Pete:Cool:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks Pete

We quite like the idea of staying at Loreleyblick but visiting Koblenz for a day.
We enjoy local public transport, gets you in touch with local people usually, therefore the questions.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The site looks busy (Loreleyblick), is it important to book ahead in September say? and have you used public transport from the site to Koblenz? I know there are rail lines on the river?.

Thanks Brian

We were there last Sep, loads of space. To get anywhere you jump on a boat, or I guess a train.

Favourite because of the Rhine, the town a short walk away, Bopard a cycle or boat away. Bopard is probably the ultimate tourist trap of the Rhine.

There is one problem, trains both sides so can be annoying at night.

I just love walking, cycling and watching the incredible traffic on it.

Follow the river to Switzerland and on the boarder is Europe's biggest waterfall. Another must see. With it's own good aire on the Swiss side.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 12
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We were there last Sep, loads of space. To get anywhere you jump on a boat, or I guess a train.

Favourite because of the Rhine, the town a short walk away, Bopard a cycle or boat away. Bopard is probably the ultimate tourist trap of the Rhine.

There is one problem, trains both sides so can be annoying at night.

I just love walking, cycling and watching the incredible traffic on it.

Follow the river to Switzerland and on the boarder is Europe's biggest waterfall. Another must see. With it's own good aire on the Swiss side.

That's perfect, thanks again Brian

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010

Thanks Brian

we stayed here (loreleyblick) easter 2011, supposed to be 4 night stop. we left after 1 night, it was like sleeping in the middle of a motor way + full of all season caravaners, pitched right at the edge of the river, we could not sea river at all, but boy could we hear it + railway lines all night long. we moved to alpirsbach, brilliant town and campsite. also monks brewery.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back