"Bagwell Farm Meet" in October.. (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I am laying on a meet at Bagwell Farm on the durassic coast for the RVOC.. (See Below)...

From Friday 5th October to Sunday the 14th... weather should still be warm.. :winky:

A few Funsters have asked about this meet, so thought I would put it on here...

It would require some one to take charge of the Funsters side of things, as I have a lot to sort out for the RVOC.. It would just intail getting names of those who want to come and if enough want to do the coach trip/s and Sea Fishing,,, letting me know so I know how many boats to book... Which would have to be done pretty quick, as the Charter Fleet in Weymouth gets booked up months ahead..

The prices quoted below are for fully serviced pitches which we need for length of time we are there, Funsters with Euro-vans would be a lot cheaper, I should think, but I will check..

It`s up to you, the offer to join us is there.. :thumb:
...................................................................................................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by old mo
Just thought I would bump this meet up for any new members....

Any new members up for it shout out..

Been in touch with "Bagwell Farm".. and been able to secure a few more spaces...

The fishing trip and the Fleet Air Arm trip I will leave .. To firm up numbers etc..

Sunday October the 7th @ 3pm you are all cordually invited to a Cheese and Wine Party... (To be held in Dixie MK2, the new 5th Wheel )

Only joking not about the Party about Dixie mk2...

So if you know any body else that fancy`s this meet append name or PM me..

Gobsmacked that ten spots went in the first few hours..

Provisional list below.

This is a list as to date..

1. Me, Judy & Paul. (Old Mo)... (1 Fishing)
2. Pete & Shirl. (Pete & Shirl ) (1 Fishing)
3. Larry & Win. (Larryh) (1 Fishing)
4. John (Road Runner)
5. Pat & Sue. (Roughfingitsmoothly)
6. Dixie MK2. ( Jay & Jayne.) (1 Fishing)
7. Johnpengers. (John & Civita) (1 Fishing)
8. Motoroamin. (Rick & Rosie) Possible..
9. Landylover. Possible.. (1 Fishing)
10. Arthur. (Arthur & Teresa)
11. Mike & Andrea. (Big Map2)
12. Michael and Joy plus Barney and Diesel. (DJ Motormouth)
13. Hilary and Bob. (Redsocks)

On this meet, I have booked 15 "Super Pitches for RVOC members...

So there are two available for any "New members" to join us..

I have negotiated from the normal £20 per night down to £17 per night.. (£3.. off is better than nothing)

The bar this time of year is normally only "Open" Friday and Saturday night... But should we want another couple of nights while we stay they are willing to open.. Also if needed they are willing to open in the morning for "Breakfast`s".. providing enough want this service..

The dates for the discount are from Friday 5th Oct... to Sunday 14th Oct... Before or after these dates then the charges revert back to £20 per night..

All site fee`s to be paid to me on arrival... (You can check with reception.. I`m not making any money.. ,,Just makes life simpler for them as we are all in the same spot..)

I will ask again in a few weeks who wants to do the "Sea Fishing Trip and the "Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, in case there are more or less than has shown an interest.. (Regarding booking the Boat/s and Coach...

Just an idea if any one wants or fancy`s doing a trip to "Bovington Tank Museum"... perhaps we could also do that... It`s up to you..

A few on the "Funsters" have heard and asked about this meet.. and as we are all into M.H`s and RV`s I will put this on their site..

Link to Tank Museum here = http://www.tankmuseum.org/
Link to Fleet Air Arm Museum here = http://www.fleetairarm.com/
Link to "Bagwell Farm Campsite Here = http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/
.................................................. ............................................

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Thanks Brian, nice picture of layout...

The 15 hard standings have been booked for RVOC... the pitches above are all tiered and have some fabulous views of the coast etc.... I have never heard of anyone getting stuck on any of the Campsite because of water logged pitches..

If more than 100 units turn up :thumb:::bigsmile: you can have the "Rally Field" at a reduced rate... No electric and 100 yds or so from any of the toilet blocks :Sad:.. But you can run Genny`s... :Cool:

Inclement or windy weather then the field (Pitches) below the RV hard standings are sheltered...

The New shower Block Toilets etc are superb, and there is a small shop on site "Open" every day..

And them that like walking there are some superb walks down by the "Fleet Lagoon" which is accessible at the bottom of the campsite...

PS.... Bring one of your bikes (As in Motor)... I am.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Mo, I was there last week-end. Great site. I might be up for this time permitting, wouldn't be fishing though, can't stand fishing, thanks for thinking of us.........Griff :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I have to confirm Dates with the Skippers by mid week, so if you fancy this shout now.. :thumb:

I am laying on a meet at Bagwell Farm on the durassic coast for the RVOC.. (See Below)...

From Friday 5th October to Sunday the 14th... weather should still be warm.. :winky:

It would require some one to take charge of the Funsters side of things, as I have a lot to sort out for the RVOC.. It would just intail getting names of those who want to come and if enough want to do the coach trip/s and Sea Fishing,,, letting me know so I know how many boats to book... Which would have to be done pretty quick, as the Charter Fleet in Weymouth gets booked up months ahead..

The prices quoted below are for fully serviced pitches which we need for length of time we are there, Funsters with Euro-vans would be a lot cheaper, I should think, but I will check..

...................................................................................................................
Quote:

Been in touch with "Bagwell Farm".. and been able to secure a few more spaces...

The fishing trip and the Fleet Air Arm trip I will leave .. To firm up numbers etc..

Sunday October the 7th @ 3pm you are all cordually invited to a Cheese and Wine Party... (To be held in Dixie MK2, the new 5th Wheel )

Provisional list below.

4. John (Road Runner)
12. Michael and Joy plus Barney and Diesel. (DJ Motormouth)

I have negotiated from the normal £20 per night down to £17 per night.. (£3.. off is better than nothing)

The bar this time of year is normally only "Open" Friday and Saturday night... But should we want another couple of nights while we stay they are willing to open.. Also if needed they are willing to open in the morning for "Breakfast`s".. providing enough want this service..

The dates for the discount are from Friday 5th Oct... to Sunday 14th Oct... Before or after these dates then the charges revert back to £20 per night..

All site fee`s to be paid to me on arrival... (You can check with reception.. I`m not making any money.. ,,Just makes life simpler for them as we are all in the same spot..)

I will ask again in a few weeks who wants to do the "Sea Fishing Trip and the "Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, in case there are more or less than has shown an interest.. (Regarding booking the Boat/s and Coach...

Just an idea if any one wants or fancy`s doing a trip to "Bovington Tank Museum"... perhaps we could also do that... It`s up to you..

A few on the "Funsters" have heard and asked about this meet.. and as we are all into M.H`s and RV`s I will put this on their site..

.................................................. ............................................

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Being on the durassic coast does this mean it is more suitable for lumbering, old, extinct monsters? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Being on the durassic coast does this mean it is more suitable for lumbering, old, extinct monsters? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Looking at the list of attendee`s, you could very well be right JJ...:winky::ROFLMAO:

We will have to keep our eye`s open for any "Solex" spares for you... :Cool:::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Mo, please put Gel and me down for the meet, we'll bring the candles for you toast, :ROFLMAO:

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
ME AND KAREN MO YOU OLD FART :Cool:

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I knew that we would not be able to make the dates that MO has booked but, being in that area on our latest tour, Hilary and I, with the 3 dogs 2 tortoises and the budgie, are there now.

It certainly is a great site in a wonderful part of the country and anybody who can get to MO's do should enjoy themselves. I cannot remember ever seeing so many large (bl***y ginormous) pitches.

Hope you all have a wonderful time later in the year - we will probably be in Scotland at that time.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just Bumping this one....

Two fully serviced pitches left for any size RV....

And lots of "Plots" left for Eurovans... (All have EHU`s..)

One (1) space left for the fishing for a seasoned Fisherman... This is the boat = Link Removed

Obviousley subject to the weather...

Quote:

Provisional list below.

4. John (Road Runner)
12. Michael and Joy plus Barney and Diesel. (DJ Motormouth)..(1 fishing)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I need to start firming up on numbers for this meet and the fishing trip...

Those that have PM`d me and shown an interest, could you please confirm...

Not so important if you just want to come to the meet, but the Fishing trip (Please see my comments below on another "Boat") and Fleet air arm museum coach trip I will have to book very shortly..

I will start a list of "Funsters" on here.. :thumb:

Thanks
Mo..

.................................................................................................................................

Quote:
BreweryDave & his good lady have shown an interest in this meet, and both want to fish...

Going to see if I can pull in a couple of favours and get a second boat...

So there may be a few more places on another boat...

Watch this space..

Bump....

One more big plot for an rv, (Possibly two, as Road Runner (John) has a eurovan so his plot is vacant.

And one more for the Fishing trip..
.................................................. ..............................................

4. John (Road Runner) (May have to put John on a smaller plot)
12. Michael and Joy plus Barney and Diesel. (DJ Motormouth) ( 1 fishing)
14. Scouser.. + Mrs`s..

Plus approx 6 "Funsters"..
.................................................. ..................................................

Fishing Trip..

1. Me. (Mo)
2. JP....
3. Pete.
4. Larry.
5. JJ. (Jaynes better half )
6. Landylover. (Bill)
7. Michael. (DJ,Motormouth)
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Newbie RVOC members more than welcome...

If for any reason you "Cannot" make the Fishing trip "Please,Please.. let me know...

It`s not going to cost you anything like. (PM. Me and I will return PM with cost.) but these boats with the fuel cost and Insurance usually charge £4 to 600 a day. for what we are getting..

I will soon have to start a list of those wanting to do the Coach trip to the "Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton"....

As this will be one of the last meets of the year for a lot.. Lets make it go with a bang..

I`m going to look into the possibility`s of getting a "Hog Roast" for one evening..

Thanks...
Mo.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Here we go... Start of the list of "Funsters" for this "Meet".. :thumb:

1. RayB182....... Ray & Geri..
2. Fullmoon...... (UK) JJ & Karen..
3. Hilldweller.....Brian & Wife.. (Forgot her name already, sorry:RollEyes:) A Maybe.

No restrictions on Funsters, but only two (2) large pitches left for all service pitch RV`s...

Thanks
Mo..

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
So have I, I'll go ask......

Dinah.

And it's probably, but Oct seems so far off to be sure just yet.

Thanks Brian...

I will add her name when you confirm...

I knew it was Dinah.... just checking to see if you remembered.. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

3. Hilldweller.....Brian & Dinah... :thumb: A Maybe.
4. Salopian....... Steve.

No restrictions on Funsters, but only two (2) large pitches left for all service pitch RV`s...

Thanks
Mo..

Plenty more spaces on campsite.. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Just Bumping this one for any new members..:thumb:

3. Hilldweller.....Brian & Dinah... (A Maybe.)
4. Salopian.... Steve.

No restrictions on Funsters.... :thumb:

Thanks
Mo..
........................................................................................................................

All the Fishing spots have been taken...

All the Super pitches except one have gone, but possibly be able to fit in a few smaller RV`s (26 - 28ft) on normal hard standings... Please ask if interested..

A 50 seat "Coach" has provisionally been booked for the Fleet Air Arm Museum visit.. (This is an all day trip) But I can get another if numbers warrant..

Cheese and Wine Party Sorted...
Coffee Morning with possibly Bacon Rolls.. (sorting)
Hog Roast being sorted but will depend on numbers..

For any body that is interested I have been approached by a company that do Mystery walks and tours around Weymouth.. Which as some will know is where the "Black (Death)Plague" was bought into the UK.. back in 1348...

After this coming bank holiday I will post a list and ask for confirmation on F.A.Arm trip..

This trip will cost £16- £ 17 per person which is for the Coach and Block booking entry to the Museum... Which is a huge discount on Entry and Coach... There is a Cafe at the Museum and also a picnic area just outside the cafe.. (So bring a packed lunch.).

The coach will leave the site approx 9-30am and we will return to the site approx 4pm.

The whole week has got the makings of a good end of season meet.. :thumb:

Thanks for the interest.:thumb:
Old-Mo.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just Bumping this one for any new members..:thumb:
Old-Mo.

Right, we're on. But can't get there 'till the Monday.

Yes please for the museum trip.

The only fishing I do is in fish and chip shops. Never failed to land one yet.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Provisional two, Old Mo.

Mrs ShiftZZ & Baggage.

Link Removed

Right, we're on. But can't get there 'till the Monday.

Yes please for the museum trip.

The only fishing I do is in fish and chip shops. Never failed to land one yet.

Thanks Mr & Mrs Shiftzz, will put you down as a Maybe...That "Man-Flu" has certainly taken it`s toll on you Dave... Hope you feel better... :winky:::bigsmile: :thumb:

Come and go as you please Brian.. The Coach will probably be on Friday Oct 12th...

I`ll ammend the list :thumb:

Thankyou Gentlemen.. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just Bumping this one for any new members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-mo
Here we go... Start of the list of "Funsters" for this "Meet"..

3. Hilldweller.....Brian & Dinah...
4. Salopian.... Steve.
5. Mr & Mrs Shiftzz.. (A Maybe)..

No restrictions on Funsters....

Thanks
Mo..

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

All the Super pitches except one have gone, but possibly be able to fit in a few smaller RV`s (26 - 28ft) on normal hard standings... Please ask if interested..

A 50 seat "Coach" has provisionally been booked for the Fleet Air Arm Museum visit.. (This is an all day trip) But I can get another if numbers warrant..

For any body that is interested I have been approached by a company that do Mystery walks and tours around Weymouth.. Which as some will know is where the "Black (Death)Plague" was bought into the UK.. back in 1348...

After this coming bank holiday I will post a list and ask for confirmation on F.A.Arm trip..

This trip will cost £16- £ 17 per person which is for the Coach and Block booking entry to the Museum... Which is a huge discount on Entry and Coach... There is a Cafe at the Museum and also a picnic area just outside the cafe.. (So bring a packed lunch.).

The coach will leave the site approx 9-30am and we will return to the site approx 4pm.

Coach trip looks like being Friday the 12th..:thumb:

The whole week has got the makings of a good end of season meet..

Thanks for the interest.
Old-Mo.

Plenty of more space for "Funsters".. :thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just Bumping this one for any new members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-mo
Here we go... Start of the list of "Funsters" for this "Meet"..

3. Hilldweller.....Brian & Dinah...
4. Salopian.... Steve.
5. Mr & Mrs Shiftzz.. (A Maybe)..

No restrictions on Funsters....

Thanks
Mo..

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

Coach trip looks like being Friday the 12th..:thumb:

The whole week has got the makings of a good end of season meet..

Thanks for the interest.
Old-Mo.

Plenty of more space for "Funsters".. :thumb:
...................................................................................

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> No restrictions on Funsters....

You'd better believe it buddy, no way has ever been found to restrict one.

You just light the blue touch paper, run like hell and watch the fireworks.

Hog roast, keep working on the hog roast. Nothing beats a good hog roast.

Hint....

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
>> No restrictions on Funsters....

You'd better believe it buddy, no way has ever been found to restrict one.

You just light the blue touch paper, run like hell and watch the fireworks.

Hog roast, keep working on the hog roast. Nothing beats a good hog roast.

Hint....

Not many left, Brian.... :Blush::Sad:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/9728768.180_piglets_killed_by_massive_blaze_in_Weymouth_farm/

But I`ll keep trying... :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Sorry Mo !!!!

But I am going to have to miss this one !!:cry:
Just had a service and Hab check at Dave Newells ! 3 of my tyres are 7 years old, and reading about slobberadobs problems with aged tyres I will have to replace them :Doh:
Looking around for quotes..any ideas chaps ????:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
meet in october

We are hoping to be able to bring a motorhome back to UK in Sept/Oct and wondered if you have a space for us as we would love to come

Regards Alan Brenda (Bee):RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back