Back home and ready to sell the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well we are back from our latest tour that went without too many hitches and none of any consequence. On arrival in England we made for a tiny WW11 aerodrome in Kent where we met up with Richard and took to the air in his kite
414611f2.jpg

after going up with him and taking control for 5 mins we landed so that he could screw the plane back together.
fe52b7e2.jpg

Before taking sue up for a flight or was he undoing it, I noticed only one parachute, hee hee.
76224b08.jpg

047b04c5.jpg

the views were astounding despite the poor visability, coming in at 45 degree angle due to 20mph cross winds was interesting but a very enjoyable day Cheers Richard you are a star.
9c539541.jpg

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can you park it up at night without paying though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Can it be towed on an "A" frame?

JJ :Cool:

Of course it can!

In the film 'Independance Day', the drunk old pilot who had been abducted by aliens and flew his F18 into the main armament of the alien spaceship to blow it up, had a crop dusting biplane behind his Winnebago!:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
My thoughts too Bob, and look at the yellow rape fields, miss them in Wales.

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Well we are back from our latest tour that went without too many hitches and none of any consequence. On arrival in England we made for a tiny WW11 aerodrome in Kent where we met up with Richard and took to the air in his kite
414611f2.jpg

after going up with him and taking control for 5 mins we landed so that he could screw the plane back together.
fe52b7e2.jpg

Before taking sue up for a flight or was he undoing it, I noticed only one parachute, hee hee.
76224b08.jpg

047b04c5.jpg

the views were astounding despite the poor visability, coming in at 45 degree angle due to 20mph cross winds was interesting but a very enjoyable day Cheers Richard you are a star.
9c539541.jpg

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO: You want a phone on a rope a very long rope :ROFLMAO:

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Headcorn

Hi Roger & Sue,

I’m pleased you enjoyed your flights, pity the visibility wasn’t a bit better and the wind a little more charitable. I trust you completed the rest of your trip safely. I’m just back from a whirlwind MH tour of Europe (well, France – Belgium – Luxembourg – Germany – Switzerland – France) with my American friend who is over for a couple of weeks.

I trust the animals were pleased to see you on your return.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

Prize to all who correctly identified Headcorn Aerodrome as the airfield. It’s actually a good cheap day out if you are in the area. You can park next to the runway and watch the aeronautical comings and goings. They don’t charge for parking and there’s a café and toilets on site. Although not strictly a campsite, I’ve seen tents and Motorhomes overnighting from time to time

On the flying side as well as the fixed wing and helicopter flight schools, lots of the local pilots drop in to practice their circuits etc. There’s also the Tiger Club and other people with vintage aeroplanes on the field. For real thrill seekers there’s the parachute club, although I’ve personally never felt the need to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane in the air.

If you see me, or ChampChump with her aeroplane, come over and say hello. You might get shanghaied in to the air like Roger & Sue…

ChampChump

Free Member
Sep 17, 2010
Hellfire Corner
Funster No
MH
Pass. in OH's
AND...further to Richard's comments above, I believe there is now a proper loo dump, at least according to the notice in the new ladies loos that asks caravanners not to empty their excitement there. (I paraphrase).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back