Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thank you both, Hollyberry for bringing the topic up again and all the funsters who expressed their opinion of the iPad.

I went out and bought the iPad 3rd generation with all the bells and whistles.

I am Super chuffed, what a brilliant bit of kit. I've had it about two hours now and can't put it down....

..........sad or what.........Griff
:thumb: :Smile: :thumb: ::bigsmile: :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I looked at one the other day. The screen is something else, it makes my Ipad (1) look like a slate!::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
OMG I have the ipad2 and was well chuffed with it as John has the Ipad 1 , and there was a big difference between them ..I love the touch screen so not having to keep going to zoom etc, plus many more features, but the missing flash is its only drawback IMHO and of course the price :cry::cry::cry::cry:

so what can the 3 do that the 2 cant please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
OMG I have the ipad2 and was well chuffed with it as John has the Ipad 1 , and there was a big difference between them ..I love the touch screen so not having to keep going to zoom etc, plus many more features, but the missing flash is its only drawback IMHO and of course the price :cry::cry::cry::cry:

so what can the 3 do that the 2 cant please

Better camera and a little better but it costs £400 to £700 to find out
If you have a 2and happy keep it till its broke then change

One thing I haven't managed to do is load a photo from the pad to this forum

Is it possible please

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Thank you both, Hollyberry for bringing the topic up again and all the funsters who expressed their opinion of the iPad.

I went out and bought the iPad 3rd generation with all the bells and whistles.

I am Super chuffed, what a brilliant bit of kit. I've had it about two hours now and can't put it down....

..........sad or what.........Griff
:thumb: :Smile: :thumb: ::bigsmile: :winky:

That's the thing for me put it down for a minute
Something says in your head where is what is
Pick up the pad and google it immediately
Instant response :thumb::thumb:B

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
18 months on still the IPAD1

18 months on still using the IPAD 1 every day.. it has been a great bit of kit...

When I had the dosh I invested in the MacPro Book 15" with the quad speed.. very pleased with it... as and when i will go for a new IPAD, but it does what I want and I can tether to the iPhone 4 so have G on it and of course it will pickup wifi in any case.

great items.. OK expensive, but I love them.

Bob

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
After reading yesterday's post on iPad 3 I looked at the Apple blurb and found myself looking at them in Curry's. Then I went up to the Apple store in Southampton late this afternoon, the mistake I made was taking Jackie with me.

Came out with the iPad with32 gig and wifi and 4G. That's 3G if you live outside the states.

Then she spies the covers, not the plastic ones, no, bleeding leather.

So very nearly £700 lighter in the wallet I now have an iPad but I have to say what a crackin' piece of kit.

I didn't buy the USB and camera card insert (£25) I decided to get the £3.50 one off flea-bay.
:thumb:

ps, I notice you all keep saying how this site is the best £10 you ever spent, well I disagree.

This site has cost me over £3500 in the last two weeks, I wish I'd never listened to Eddie Van-Bitz and Jim and Ash and Champers and Papajohn and all you ner-do-wells who keep me one step away from debtors clink. :winky:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I agree with all of the above::bigsmile:And yes, because of FUN my pockets are also a lot lighter:cry:

Lesley

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation in our house.

I would say the 2 is a big improvement on the original but there is only a marginal improvement with the 3rd generation. I certainly wouldn't recommend an upgrade from 2 to 3.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Im resisting even though i want one. I bought a really good 13 inch laptop 2 months ago and i am sticking with that. I bought a windows phone in january and was dissapointed that it didnt have flash so Tez inherited it. I now have a galaxy note and am very bappy with them. He sold the galaxy s2 he also inberited from me as be liked the windows phone but he cant get some tbings because it doesnt have flash. See they dont listen....men...i dont know....what are they like????

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
I have an iPad 1 and an Asus Transformer running android. Apple's refusal to run flash means I wont go for another iPad. I took the Asus to Newbury but saddly got no wifi signal. However I have loads of books on it to read. My mobile phone is about 8 years old, so I'm thinking of treating myself to a Samsung Galaxy S3 to have the best of both worlds.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
After reading yesterday's post on iPad 3 I looked at the Apple blurb and found myself looking at them in Curry's. Then I went up to the Apple store in Southampton late this afternoon, the mistake I made was taking Jackie with me.

Came out with the iPad with32 gig and wifi and 4G. That's 3G if you live outside the states.

Then she spies the covers, not the plastic ones, no, bleeding leather.

So very nearly £700 lighter in the wallet I now have an iPad but I have to say what a crackin' piece of kit.

I didn't buy the USB and camera card insert (£25) I decided to get the £3.50 one off flea-bay.

ps, I notice you all keep saying how this site is the best £10 you ever spent, well I disagree.

This site has cost me over £3500 in the last two weeks, I wish I'd never listened to Eddie Van-Bitz and Jim and Ash and Champers and Papajohn and all you ner-do-wells who keep me one step away from debtors clink. :winky:

I bought one of those card readers from fleabay too but surprise surprise it doesn't work... Looks like I have to buy one from apple :Eeek:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
does the USB bit work?...Griff

Mine works perfectly and I can also plug my keyboard into the USB port if I need to do serious typing:thumb:

Added: The item number on Ebay is 130692304529, £4.75 including postage ( I received next day delivery)

Last edited:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I also bought photo downloader off eBay really pleased with it really fast download

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We have got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation in our house.

I would say the 2 is a big improvement on the original but there is only a marginal improvement with the 3rd generation. I certainly wouldn't recommend an upgrade from 2 to 3.

All the reading I've done on the subject and listening to the experts would support that view Treacle.

When you are in the store and looking at the latest one and the improvement in the screen it just ain't worth saving £80 by buying the iPad2.

If however you already have the 2 then wait for the 4, or whatever it's going to be called........Griff....from my fancy new iPad3

Globalempire

Free Member
May 7, 2011
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi

Much as I would like to have an Ipad the old wallet wouldn't stretch to it. I had a look on Amazon at android tablets and bought one of these:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/A1CS-FUSION5-Tablet-PC-Capacitive/dp/B007SHWKFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337792177&sr=8-1[/ame]

It works really well and costs about a third of a new Ipad (about £155).

Paul

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looks good, hope it performs just as well..........Griff :thumb:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Not knocking them.. been a Mac fan for donkeys ..

but sell me an iPad.. .[HI]what would I need it for[/HI] ?

You just don't get it do you Jim?

............No-one NEEDS one, you just walk around holding it and perhaps taking pictures with the enormous camera hoping to become the envy of anyone who DOES Need one........simples :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back