Free Member
Oct 10, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
talbot express
Exp
about 6 years
:reel:Hi all.I have just removed the paloma water heater from my Talbot express.It started leaking and I just want rid.The same goes for the riviera monaco gas heater.No leak on this.It just did not want to work.All I would like to know is,how do I close off the gas pipes,that where attached to the afore mentioned appliances.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Quick and dirty way is to bend over the last 2 inches, back on itself.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that is illegal.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi you could visit a good plumbers merchant and get an end stop. its a proper fitting that goes on the end of the pipe . uses compression fittings to seal the ends. you will have to know the size of pipe you want to sealo. may be you can take a small part with you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

Without a doubt as it is almost certain to leak and may cause a major fire/explosion.

If you have absolutely no experience with gas fitting then get some good advice from someone who has. There is a good reason why safety standards have been set for people who work on gas (and electrical) systems

Some people have no regard for their own lives or the lives of others and offer stupid solutions

Please bear in mind that advice offered on the internet must be initially viewed with great caution.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Without a doubt as it is almost certain to leak and may cause a major fire/explosion.

If you have absolutely no experience with gas fitting then get some good advice from someone who has. There is a good reason why safety standards have been set for people who work on gas (and electrical) systems

Some people have no regard for their own lives or the lives of others and offer stupid solutions

Please bear in mind that advice offered on the internet must be initially viewed with great caution.

Go to caravan motorhome place and get one of their fitter's to blank them off and have it done correctly if you don't know how to do it:Angry:
do not boge whar lives are at risk.:thumb:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Id have preferred it, if it wasn't mentioned in the first place:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi follow the gas pipes back, chances are they will lead to a 3 or 4 way distribution valve that will have taps on it .Identify and turn off the appropriate one's.:Smile: Whatever you do DO NOT simply bend the pipe over
Terry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
He also seems to have failed completely to read the rules of the forum...

Is it just me that finds that comment extremely rude ?
Whilst it MAY or may NOT be accurate ( in this case condemning a practice used by gas fitters for donkeys years but now frowned upon deeply since the dent of H and S gestapo ) there are less obnoxious ways to say things

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
He also seems to have failed completely to read the rules of the forum...

Is it just me that finds that comment extremely rude ?
Whilst it MAY or may NOT be accurate ( in this case condemning a practice used by gas fitters for donkeys years but now frowned upon deeply since the dent of H and S gestapo ) there are less obnoxious ways to say things

Spose it depends on whether it is a generalisation or aimed specifically, could be either.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back