Packing for France with Ezzie (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Well, as a lot of you know, we were unable to attend Newbury due to Ezzie not being to well (she is much her old self today - thank goodness).

Ok, we could not go away... so we decided to start the packing of the RV for our French trip at the end of the month. Firstly we had to unload all the gear we were taking to Newbury... Ukulele, Steel guitar, amp and leads.. the food for the weekend that would not last until our departure.. take the UK maps off and load the French one and the ACSI book (s) only need the French one... the list is long and varied ... still cannot find the translation board that we had made for last years summer trip that says towing in French .. now where did I store it for safe keeping... taken the wind breaks off and the flags.. boy the wind break poles had so much hold growing from Peterborough show.. so we ended up drying lots of odd things as well, like ratchets for the awning tie downs... it is amazing how much wet got in.

Then we started filling bags of dry food for Ezzie, boy does that take some doing, three handfuls per bag... then loaded in to snapper boxes .... took the french wine out of the racks.. will refill them in France... it is far worse than a weekend show... but we are getting there slowly.. glad we made a start today... As we did not get a BBQ at Newbury we have the kids and there's plus both dogs coming over for one tomorrow.. Gazebo going up in the morning as we are due for some light rain... so not a totally wasted weekend.. Ezzie much better and a lot of work done as well.

Even managed to give the trailer mudguards a going over with Muir to bring them back to new.... got to make it look nice as it is for sale when we get back from France at the end of June.

Bob:thumb:

Bob

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
It seems that it is all coming together now- hope you have a good trip and Ezzie gets stronger by the day.:wooo::wooo:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Glad Ezzie is feeling better. Lots of dogs here at Newbury, though none quite Ezzies size.

We\are off to France a similar time to you (June 2nd) but not very likely to bump into you, it's a big country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
What day do you go Bob

What day do you go Bob we start off on Friday night 26th catching an early train in the morning, we are only going for a week so not going far into France but not made any plans yet:Smile:.
Hope you have a good visit and Ezzie is ok.
John

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Bob!
Glad to hear that Ezzie is well on the mend! Hope you all have a safe trip across to France and that the weather improves by the time you get there:thumb:
We're planning to come down to Brittany in early September, don't know what the weather will be like by then, but it's as early as we can make it.
I wish we were still living near Gatwick, then we wouldn't have the long, long drive to Portsmouth from D & G!
Have a super trip!
Margaret & Bill:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good to hear Ezzie is on the mend, and it looks as if the weather is improving, enjoy your French Journey.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we go on the 5th

What day do you go Bob we start off on Friday night 26th catching an early train in the morning, we are only going for a week so not going far into France but not made any plans yet:Smile:.
Hope you have a good visit and Ezzie is ok.
John

We are departing on the morning of the 5th (Tuesday) and away until the 25th weekend.. .. Euro tunnel and we head along the coast to Neufchatel-en-Bray.. we are using this as our base.. heading out as and when in the car.. have stayed on this site a few times.. good 2 star value and near to the town and the shops.. right on a river.. greta views of the church across the fields.. cows on the other bank .. not very wide river... good disabled facilities and always a great welcome.... good large pitches and of course the ACSI discount.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Spanish maps, french maps, Italian Maps, Portugal etc.,

Map in, maps out, why not just leave everything in .....then you won't forget anything !:Doh:

With all the various maps, aires and ACSI books plus the UK maps.. we tend to unload them and reload what we need..

Mind you I could do this trip blind folded as we have been there a few times... but need the French road maps for the days out in the car.

Bob:winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
6 months away ! Soon be November when I do it all again !

With all the various maps, aires and ACSI books plus the UK maps.. we tend to unload them and reload what we need..

Mind you I could do this trip blind folded as we have been there a few times... but need the French road maps for the days out in the car.

Bob:winky:

Being a fulltimer, I have no choice:cry:..I have got the lot !:thumb: Like you I know the route to the South backwards, but there is usually a surprise in store somewhere !
Heading back to the UK from Montalivet in a few days time !! Shrewsbury show beckons !!:thumb:

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hope ezzie continues to improve have good time,we hope to go in September if all goes to plan

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes Ezzie back to normal

Normal service resumes in the household.... Ezzie is snoring on the settee.

Yesterday my son and his tribe and ,my daughter with her tribe defended on us... to make up for not going to Newbury... so we had a BBQ .. still ended up cleaning the Cobb.. so whats new... back garden or in a show ground I still get the washing up to do.

Both of the children bought there dogs with them so there were 3 all told... Ezzie being 6 just sat it out and let the other two go mad... the youngest is 6 months... managed to fall in the pond which is 5' deep three times... good job she has a very fine close coat -short hairs bitser... the Belgium Shepard (long haired stayed clear of the pond) Ezzie just could not be bothered (other than scrounging at the BBQ).

Anyway all packed away now for the trip to France.. how I hate cleaning BBQ's

But good to see all the family and the dogs having fun... plus it did not rain... still put up a gazebo.. but did not have to rely on the protection.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back