Battery (1 Viewer)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
A bit of advice please, I have a 85 amp leisure battery which is 3 years old and runs out pretty quickly without the aid of a 80w solar panel which helps to power it when not driving. The battery compartment on our Elddis 120 is small and the largest sized battery it would accommodate is a 105 amp. The question is how much better performance would we get for the extra amps.....and would it be noticeably better ? Thanks all.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Simples GO

A bit of advice please, I have a 85 amp leisure battery which is 3 years old and runs out pretty quickly without the aid of a 80w solar panel which helps to power it when not driving. The battery compartment on our Elddis 120 is small and the largest sized battery it would accommodate is a 105 amp. The question is how much better performance would we get for the extra amps.....and would it be noticeably better ? Thanks all.

If you get 105 amps (real 105 amps) deduct the 85 amps you have now and you get 20 amps more than you had before that is almost 25% of what you had:Sad::Sad:.. so it is obvious you can last long subject to the usual caveats of how much power is really in the battery to start with and the fact you should not run it down more than 50%.

A good Nasa BM1 will give you some idea of the battery state.. worth the money..

Also may be worth looking at battery to battery or alternator to battery charging.. well covered on the site a couple months ago.

Bob

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
You would have 20 more a/h, so effectively an extra 10 amps as you do not want to discharge below 50% of the battery capacity.

Currently you have 42.5 amps available, with the bigger battery you would have 52.5 amps, so effectively 23% more.

How many amps do you typically use per day?

If you have to replace the old battery anyway, I would go for the biggest battery you can fit in your locker....:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
You would have 20 more a/h, so effectively an extra 10 amps as you do not want to discharge below 50% of the battery capacity.

Currently you have 42.5 amps available, with the bigger battery you would have 52.5 amps, so effectively 23% more.

How many amps do you typically use per day?

If you have to replace the old battery anyway, I would go for the biggest battery you can fit in your locker....:thumb:

:Doh::Doh:
WE CHANGED OURS FROM 85 AMPS TO 110AMPS AND WE CAN STAY OFF HOOKUP FOR FOUR DAYS WITHOUT STARTING ENGINE NO SOLAR PANELL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back