Fiamma Aqua 8 - Nosiy Water Pump (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello

Have just started to commission a new to us 1992 Hymer S 670, and are at the water system cleaning and filling stage.

On re-connecting the Fiamma Aqua 8 (10LPM) pump after leaving disconnected for the winter I ran the pump dry for 3 - 4 seconds to check on operation (researched it can run dry without problem). It ran very quietly and instantly.

Half filled tank with water and ran for bursts of 10 - 15 seconds with hot and cold taps open, at that point it was sounding like a small Kango hammer.

On re-fitting the pump I took trouble to make sure the 4 rubber feet were not compressed to enable the sound and vibration insulation, so a rigid connection to the MH body is not the problem.

Once all taps supplied water without air just ran the taps for short bursts to listen to the pump, very noisy but functioning. The pump runs for 20 - 30 seconds once the tap is off even though a Fiamma accumulator is fitted, think that is too long?

Do we have a knackered pump, a problem I can't see, or is this normal for a ' whisper qiete ' pump?

Any help appreciated

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've just changed our jabsco par8 ( same as a fiamma I think ) which was noisy for a shuffle. Shuffle is very quiet.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We have a fiamma, it runs on for 5-10 seconds and I think it is noisy, but then I dont know how noisy it is supposed to be. It works!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 7, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,

We had exactly the same problem with our CI - went out and bought a shureflo (£80) - what a difference! Virtually silent, doesn't run as long, works with our Fiamma accumulator
Best thing we've done for the van so far....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back