Free Member
May 16, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
30+
Does anyone have details of free camping for motorhome on Anglesey ?

Penmon maybe ?:thumb:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Did North Wales last year and went on to Anglesey with the intention of staying a couple of days however we went straight to Holyhead and made the mistake of paying for 2 hours parking. Gave teh ticket away to someone else and ran off the island. Father in law was pointing us to the right hand side of the island for some wild camping

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Did North Wales last year and went on to Anglesey with the intention of staying a couple of days however we went straight to Holyhead and made the mistake of paying for 2 hours parking. Gave teh ticket away to someone else and ran off the island. Father in law was pointing us to the right hand side of the island for some wild camping

Anglesey is a beautiful Island, unfortunately Holyhead is not Representative of it and I would also give it a miss, a shame you chose there to form your opion, Church Bay / Rhos Colyn, Morffa Nevfyn and so many more beautiful little coves, there is quite a lot of places to wild camp, but lots of reasonable CL's and CS , Church Bay has two CL's and you are right on the Coastal Path, (first sign of any good weather and we will be off there) at Molvre you could park on the car park (by the café) overlooking the sea, for £2 per night and just the car park fee in the day.

You could spend months and still not find all the little coves and villages, Try Red Wharf Bay or Benllech their is so much to see and discover in 40 years of going there I have still only discovered half of it, the scenery walking are just beautiful. I have done my fare share of travel but never tire of Anglesy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Anglesey

Just as well you didn't mention the views from South Stack lighthouse, Carol...that CL with ehu just 100 yards from the steps might be full the next time I visit ! :winky:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
There's a couple of set back lay-bys along the A4080 as it crosses the dunes east of Aberffraw. Not sure if there's any overnight restrictions though. One of them looks signpost free in Streetview anyway.

slippery

Free Member
Jul 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
compass drifter
Exp
3+
There's a couple of set back lay-bys along the A4080 as it crosses the dunes east of Aberffraw. Not sure if there's any overnight restrictions though. One of them looks signpost free in Streetview anyway.
Not 100% sure if we are talking about the same one, but avoid a large carpark just to the east of Aberfraw as we stayed there one night and we were woken at 5:30, given a leaflet saying it was private (estate) land, and asked to move on!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Shiftzz is not there at the moment so park where he normally parks his MH.

Brianbern

Free Member
Jul 24, 2014
Chester or sometimes Spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1983off and on
Anglesey is a beautiful Island, unfortunately Holyhead is not Representative of it and I would also give it a miss, a shame you chose there to form your opion, Church Bay / Rhos Colyn, Morffa Nevfyn and so many more beautiful little coves, there is quite a lot of places to wild camp, but lots of reasonable CL's and CS , Church Bay has two CL's and you are right on the Coastal Path, (first sign of any good weather and we will be off there) at Molvre you could park on the car park (by the café) overlooking the sea, for £2 per night and just the car park fee in the day.

You could spend months and still not find all the little coves and villages, Try Red Wharf Bay or Benllech their is so much to see and discover in 40 years of going there I have still only discovered half of it, the scenery walking are just beautiful. I have done my fare share of travel but never tire of Anglesy.

Brianbern

Free Member
Jul 24, 2014
Chester or sometimes Spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1983off and on
The carpark in Moelfre isn't available for overnight camping, nor are the other carparks in the village. However if you go to Lligwy bay carpark out of season you can park on the beach carpark for free, supposed to pay £10 a night but no one ever there to collect the fee. Obviously during the summer school hols you'll have to pay but worth it to walk the beach and enjoy once the crowds have gone.

Reactions: Jim

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The carpark in Moelfre isn't available for overnight camping, nor are the other carparks in the village. However if you go to Lligwy bay carpark out of season you can park on the beach carpark for free, supposed to pay £10 a night but no one ever there to collect the fee. Obviously during the summer school hols you'll have to pay but worth it to walk the beach and enjoy once the crowds have gone.

That particular post was from 2012 when we stayed there last, thank you for the update.

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Anglesey is a really nice place to be ,we have just come back from there as you can see on the photo

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Shiftzz is not there at the moment so park where he normally parks his MH.

I dont park my MH on Anglesey as I have a bungalow there.

I have to agree on Holyhead, but to group Anglesey with Holyhead is a bit harsh, considering that Holyhead is not on Anglesey.
Back to the OP, I am not a big fan of Wildcamping, but there are spots that you could use, they were posted on here some time ago. There are one or two spots on the front at Holyhead, I suspect you could park up at Parys Mountain, I did see a good place to overnight. Link here. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=am...uId5atMuDHMVSnqGrgb6ew&cbp=12,229.57,,0,-5.46

Unlikely to get disturbed.

Or here near the Nuclear Power station. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=wy...=Mm-5r9DtPhgz2tVSTxJMmA&cbp=12,106.05,,1,16.8

Most of the good places are 'a no go area' and you may well be moved on...mainly down to misuse. One such site had the following view.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=po...=KlH1SNDpn56MNEq_VVRKmQ&cbp=12,347.3,,0,-0.37
Until the owner got fed up clearing the mess...

Otherwise, I am not the best person to ask.

Its such a nice place to visit, to live there is a different kettle of fish..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back