Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Collected our new baby on saturday, due to work etc, we hav'nt had chance to "play" with it until today. The handover etc was good, but when i got it home i found a couple of small faults. the cig lighter pick ups did,nt work, and neither did the stereo. The dealer had to replace one of the lesiure batts and the engine batt prior to pick up, so i guessed that on fitting, a fuse or two had blown......correct, changed fuses all ok.

I do have one small problem though, the motorhome has a rear bathroom, so, the cassette comes out of the rear of the van. This has caused the bike rack, and Fiamma storage box to be placed a little high up. On top of this, the box is the F700741, which is a little small for my needs, so i will need a bigger one.
I have some choices
1) replace the box with a bigger one

2) do away with the box, fit a big top box

3) do away with the box and bike rack, fit a large box to
the "bumper bar" that holds the towbar, and fit a trap
door for the waste cassette.

any other suggetsions??

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Congrats on your new baby=no idea what :winky:- A top box will cost you around 4 mpg :Eeek:
terry

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, Also top box alters handling on corners if too much stuff packed. Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hope you enjoy new"baby" I had top box on top on Merc 208d when I took it off you noticed faster must be lot wind drag so stick to back if you can take extra weight

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
The germans do have a few good ideas dont they?

Anyway, thanks for all the input. the main problerm was not having enough room for chairs, but after taking the advice NOT to have a top box, and seeing the horrendously stupid prices for bigger rear boxes, we did a bit of lateral thinking.
The BBQ, tables etc, fit in the existing box, so thats where they will live.
When we bought our first MH, I had a bag made for it that went on the roof, to carry chairs etc, this was never used, and lo and behold, it fits nicely on top of the overcab bed. Its waterproof canvas type material that zips up, so the chairs need never come onto contact witht he bed covering (only used when small people come away with us). So, all in all, weve not spent anything, which in my book equates to saving money:ROFLMAO:..........now to start thinking about a trailer for the landy:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back