100watt folding solar panel (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
can anyone recommend a company where i can purchase 100watt folding solar panel seen several on ebay etc but would always buy of recommendations 'lenson' has been mentioned

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not recommending these as i have not had any dealings with them but i have been looking at this for a while. not taken the plunge as yet. i am still not convinced i will get a return on outlay. however i have no room for an extra liesure battery .

Link Removed

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
not recommending these as i have not had any dealings with them but i have been looking at this for a while. not taken the plunge as yet. i am still not convinced i will get a return on outlay. however i have no room for an extra liesure battery .

Link Removed

I have said on other posts the £ asked for folding panels is way over their worth if your capable of screwing a hinge on a door you can build your own and save 60% ie a £300 panel for approx £130. Well worth the hr or two it will take
As for return on outlay it will never happen
You are buying reliability and conveniance:thumb:
That in itself is often worth more than the product
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i am still not convinced i will get a return on outlay.Link Removed

Depends how you use you van, if you regularly are on hook up and/or never stop for more than 3/4 days you don't need solar.

If you wild camp for days on end it's solar or generator and generator is the only reliable one on an annual basis.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks again for the input, we rarely stoped anywhere more than 4 days so far in the past 5 years since we have had a motorhome. plus have gone 4 days easily on our GEL battery without a problem even in the past month when perhaps we may use a bit more power than in the summer months.

i guess for us then it stays on hold... for now:thumb:

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As for return on outlay it will never happen
You are buying reliability and conveniance:thumb:
That in itself is often worth more than the product
Geo

It could be argued that someone who travels abroad and has used campsites in summer for electric hookups, then is able to switch to Aires or very basic field plus tap sites with a solar panel may eventually recoup a goodly portion of the cost of the panel, but it would take a while.

I wouldn't go for a folding panel myself - you should pay less for the equivalent wattage fixed panel then you wouldn't have to worry about setting it up securely at every stop.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back