May 14, 2012
Royston
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All

Help needed, I am looking for my first MH. Needs to fully kitted out for wild camping, toilet, shower ect.

But it also needs to have at least 3 fully belted seats for travelling. Me, wife and child seat.

I have a budget of no more than £5000.

Any suggestions on make / models I should be looking at?

Thanks

Andrew

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have a look at www.preloved.co.uk Just searched within your budget and 500+ listed..
Also ebay..

Dealers may not be a good place as i'm sure most will be selling higher priced and newer vehicles..

Good luck. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
welcome, you may need to be prepared to do a bit of DIY / self repairs:thumb: to get what you want

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You might struggle to find a MH with belted rear seats at that price point.:Sad:

If this is the case, you could consider getting a front row double passenger seat from an equivalent commercial van from a breaker's yard.

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
May 14, 2012
Royston
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

Really looking for models that I should be looking at, eg Mitsubushi L300 with Frankia conversion.

Once I have list of choices I can then start the search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Really looking for models that I should be looking at, eg Mitsubushi L300 with Frankia conversion.

You won't get that list. No-one works like that. There is no such thing as A Bad or A Good motorhome. There are so many variations of interior. It's down to person choice.

Once they are getting on a bit it's all down to how well they have been looked after.

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome firstly

Welcome firstly.

I think Brian post above mine... sums it up... it is not a case of lists. Takes a lot of us a few years to find the right motorhome. The right one will come along, but you may have to look at a lot of vehicles.

The issue of the child seat (or third belted seat) will be the issue I think. Price? well there are bargains out there, but then there are a lot of less than good vehicles. you will need to do a lot of checking when you see a vehicle. Mechanical as well as the interior ... while most things can be sorted, you do need to know a lot more about what meets your personal requirements. I would suggest you visit a few motorhome shows... OK most will be outside your budget, but you will then get some ideas.

Motorhomes tend to hold a residual price unless they are very poor condition to start with.

We wish you luck in your hunt.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi All

Help needed, I am looking for my first MH. Needs to fully kitted out for wild camping, toilet, shower ect.

But it also needs to have at least 3 fully belted seats for travelling. Me, wife and child seat.

I have a budget of no more than £5000.

Any suggestions on make / models I should be looking at?

Thanks

Andrew

sorry Andrew but your dreaming if you expect to find a fully kitted out motorhome in good condition, ready to go with aditional seatbelts suited to a child seat all for a £5000 budget. there are some home converted vans about that sort of price, which would meet your needs. or your talking 20+ years old and that was before rear seatbelts became the norm. just do a search of EBay to see for yourself
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...c0.m1539&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=4,000&_udhi=5,000

good luck though

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back