How do you check if a solar panel is working? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Whenever I check the control panel with everything in the hab area switched off, it always shows 0.35 is leaving the hab batteries. I don`t have any problems with the hab batteries going down so assume this is normal.

Yesterday, I checked in glorious sunshine which had been shining for a few hours and it still said the same.

Does this mean the solar panel can`t be working, or does it not pass through the control panel maybe?

Thanks

Steve

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you could try frying an egg on it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you could see if you could fry an egg on it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: make a great griddle pan if they do not charge the batteries:winky:

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If you turn the charger off then you'll see if the solars are charging. With no charge at all the voltage will drop gradually to about 12.6 but solar will hold them at 13.4 float charge

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
If you turn the charger off then you'll see if the solars are charging. With no charge at all the voltage will drop gradually to about 12.6 but solar will hold them at 13.4 float charge

Thanks, will give it a try.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could put a volt meter on the ingoing cable connections on the regulator . take a reading then go back at night it wont read anything .check it with lots of sun on it as well. check the out side of the reg and see what that reads . you soon see a pattern of whats happening.i use a cheap alternator /battery meter from aldi. differant coloured lights show up. and as the reg is a pulse width mode .i can very often watch it pulsing . soon after that the batts are full and it sttles down to steady lights .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back