Hello (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
Looking to buy a MH for the first time, Very confusing but had some good run outs looking at potential vehicles :)

Just short of retiring age so want to buy a second hand one before using the nets egg on a proper good un

My other half and I tried a hire last year and we loved it :)

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi.welcome to the real world,but before you leap, stop and think, do you want a 2 berth etc,do you want a rear lounge,you might find a fixed bed is a boon,make sure that it has had habitation checks, and the motor has been looked after,do lots of looking and lots of checking with a long warranty its easy to part with your money, but beware do some research first,does the dealer have a good reputation,is the motorhome one of those that have problems,check all the websites for info,make sure that you have a book for all the items fridge cooker etc,so if you have a problem you may be able to fix it,all the best harvey,:thumb:

OP
OP
BigClick
May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
If you haven't already this is worth it, Link Removed :thumb:

Thanks. I downloaded the book from kindle last night, a very gripping read with some excellent quotes and advice.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Keep looking at various layouts, when you start getting bored, the right one will pop up!!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome also from us

A warm welcome from us also.

You will feel the motorhome.. you may have a lot of ideas as to what you want.. then all of a sudden one of them just seems right.

Best way to look at a lot of motorhomes so to compared is do one of the shows... like Newbury this coming weekend.. that way you can sit in lots and get a feel.. plus see all the bits and bobs you can get to fit in to the new wheels.

Good luck.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I spent 6 months looking to ensure I got the right one first time, I am like you near to retirement age so I needed to be sure, as a newbie my main priorities were.
1. The right layout
2. Check on this great site for ongoing problems with both the base chassis and the motorhome brand.
3. Get an independant damp check and check both the base vehicle & habitation service record.

Good luck we have owned ours for just a few months and think its great !!

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back