Will I be excommunicated.......... (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
......... if I turn up at a Fun Rally in a caravan?

After advertising for a few weeks, we have just sold our Autocruise Augusta but probably will not replace it with another van. :Eeek:

Thinking about an Eriba Touring to pull behind the car so we can now save on the tax, insurance etc etc. but would still love to be a part of the fun crowd.:Blush:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
No Problem at all, we have one or two caravans that come to meets, More interested in the people in the vechile than the vechile itself.

However, be warned.

If we all pull up a seat around your van, and start using stop watches, we are looking for you to cock something up and give us all a good laugh. Nothing we like more than the awning erection followed by the rollie bollie olympics :thumb::thumb:

You can then laugh at us when you nip off to all the local attractions in your car whist we sit and wait for the rain to stop before venturing out. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thinking about an Eriba Touring to pull behind the car so we can now save on the tax, insurance etc etc. but would still love to be a part of the fun crowd.:Blush:

makes a lot of sense.. that's why we bought another caravan .. I think a lot of others will be looking at this option ..

Eriba's are great vans, well made and will last a lifetime.. .. We once owned a Puck and looked again a Triton or Troll, but they don't half hold their value ... were just too expensive for our meager budget .. hence the Abbey Piper.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
What pray is a Fifth Wheeler if it's not a caravan? Lots of Funsters have those.:RollEyes:

Some of my best friends are Tuggers:Smile:

Pete:Cool:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
The header will have to be changed then, "Motorhomefun,..fun and facts for motorhome enthusiast's."..............and caravans,..........and static,s........and mobile homes........Oh, and houses.............:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The header will have to be changed then, "Motorhomefun,..fun and facts for motorhome enthusiast's."..............and caravans,..........and static,s........and mobile homes........Oh, and houses.............:ROFLMAO:

what does it say on your V5 ?

don't think you'll find motorhome... That's an American thing !

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
makes a lot of sense.. that's why we bought another caravan .. I think a lot of others will be looking at this option ..

Eriba's are great vans, well made and will last a lifetime.. .. We once owned a Puck and looked again a Triton or Troll, but they don't half hold their value ... were just too expensive for our meager budget .. hence the Abbey Piper.

ive got a pennine folding camper in the garage, going by ebay prices its worth more now than i paid for it 3 years ago, you cant say that about most of our kit:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wouldn't be surprised at all, Jim.

We bought a motorhome, rather than a caravan, because neither of us has ever towed and didn't fancy it. However, if the day comes when we need the flexibility offered by a car when on site we will definitely consider it.

OP
OP
martin1485
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
You might have to promise not to show us all up by leaving a sodden, muddy field smoothly whilst we wait for a tractor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now there's a thought!!!! If I pull it with a John Deere then I could set up a nice little sideline!! I will obviously give a discount to Funsters though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I've had trailer caravans in the past, several in fact. If I did a lot of my time in the UK I would go for a trailer caravan every time, the UK is just not organised for motorhomes.

BTW Jim your right the V5 says Motorcaravan, not Motorhome.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I am going to say what others are thinking but don't want to post in case they offend !!!

Read the header !....Motorhome fun.co.uk

FUN AND FACTS FOR MOTORHOME ENTHUSIASTS !!!!

I can't see the word caravan anywhere !! There are other forums for tuggers !:hardhat::hardhat::hardhat::hardhat:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The very first meet we have a caravan and a trailer tent.::bigsmile: Lots of funsters move to caravans but still like to rally with Funster friends. Its absolutely not an issue,. Turn up in anything, it doesn't matter. Motorhomefun has always been about the people rather than what they drive:thumb:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
:ROFLMAO: Tin tents dont even have a V5, but as i bought from a motorhome dealer, use a motorhome forum, and buy from motorhome spares outlets....dvla can apologise to me later for their error::bigsmile:, I was of the apparently wrong opinion, that the US term was RV, but never mind...I call mine Alice anyway.

The wife wants to go out saturday night, I,m going to take het to a gay bar...not that we are gay of course, but the people are nice::bigsmile:

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
'will I be excommunicated' answer, only if you bend in front of the vicar. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry not ment to offend.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I am going to say what others are thinking but don't want to post in case they offend !!!

Read the header !....Motorhome fun.co.uk

FUN AND FACTS FOR MOTORHOME ENTHUSIASTS !!!!

I can't see the word caravan anywhere !! There are other forums for tuggers !:hardhat::hardhat::hardhat::hardhat:

Well I for one think you are probably very alone, or at least I hope you are. Inclusion has always Been a part of fun :Angry:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
On second thoughts !!

Well I for one think you are probably very alone, or at least I hope you are. Inclusion has always Been a part of fun :Angry:

Ouch, Haggers, that hurts !:Doh:

So, with that in mind, will you all accept my sincere aplologies !

I should engage Brain before typing !:Blush:

Catch me for a beer at any meet I might attend !:thumb:

OP
OP
martin1485
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Ouch, Haggers, that hurts !:Doh:

So, with that in mind, will you all accept my sincere aplologies !

I should engage Brain before typing !:Blush:

Catch me for a beer at any meet I might attend !:thumb:

Open invitation to all Funsters! Just let us know which rally you will be attending :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
:ROFLMAO: Tin tents dont even have a V5, but as i bought from a motorhome dealer, use a motorhome forum, and buy from motorhome spares outlets....dvla can apologise to me later for their error::bigsmile:, I was of the apparently wrong opinion, that the US term was RV, but never mind...I call mine Alice anyway.

The wife wants to go out saturday night, I,m going to take het to a gay bar...not that we are gay of course, but the people are nice::bigsmile:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
motorhome is any A,B,C class unit
R.V. covers the above plus 5th wheels,demountables,trailer caravans
R.V. = Recreational Vehicle :thumb: all are made of similar stuff, have a chassis and wheels and need an engine somewhere in the equation to get them anywhere

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not all of us had to be towed off

You might have to promise not to show us all up by leaving a sodden, muddy field smoothly whilst we wait for a tractor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not all of us had to be towed off.. I know of several that drove off...

Bob:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back