1976 GMC PALM BEACH Motorhome on eBay (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What a beauty ...

Link Removed

THIS RV HAS BEEN IN AN AIRPLANE HANGER IN STORAGE FOR THE LAST 29 YEARS. THE INSIDE IS LIKE NEW. NO RIPS, TEARS OR ANY IMPERFECTIONS RELATED TO THE INTERIOR. THE ONLY THING THAT SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF WEAR ON THE INSIDE IS THE CURTAINS. THEY SHOW SOME DRY ROT IN A FEW PLACES. THE LADY WHO HAD THE RV HAS MADE NEW CURTIANS THAT MATCH THE ORIGINAL ONES. BOTH SETS ARE WITH THE RV. OTHER THAN THAT THE INTERIOR OF THIS RV IS LIKE WINDOW BACK TO THE 70'S. THE ICE TRAYS THAT CAME NEW WITH IT ARE STILL WRAPPED IN FACTORY PLASTIC. IT STILL SMELLS NEW INSIDE AS IT HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR SO LONG OUT OF THE ELEMENTS. IT ALSO COMES WITH A SPARE AIRBAG AND A WASTE TOTE CART. EVERY LIGHT, BUTTON OR CONTROL ON THIS RV WORKS.

Attachments

• palm beach.jpg
    palm beach.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 56

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Great piece of nostalgia and one of the few RVs that actually drive like a car.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Maybe something to do with her indoors blocking anything that looks like a toy Rick:ROFLMAO:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Thanks Jim, wow these things were quick, and as Dave said drive like a car mainly because that is what they are, I could be tempted but I wont :ROFLMAO: there are about 10 of them in this country, I like them just because they are so different

All the best Rick

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I could get my hands on that van I would definitely join RVOC... :thumb:

If you don't understand I can't explain... it is a historic vehicle thing...

JJ :Cool:

PS. with the tag axle does that mean it is front wheel drive?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
30 years in storage? Could be a stack of problems from the tyres to the roof aircon's, looks nice but could be a real money pit.

Ian

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins

I know just what you mean JJ trouble is these are possibly the worst RV ever produced on fuel :Blush: boy have they got a drink problem, other than that they are one of the best driving RV's that small.

All the best Rick

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005

I beleive so JJ::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Front wheel drive with drivetrain from the Oldsmobile Toronado. V8 455 cu in,7.5 litre.
With a tailwind around 9 MPG but if you really try you can get it down to around 5.
Eats front tyres for lunch and will sit at 90 MPH all day without breaking sweat.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
almost as bad on fuel as my Champion Titan A class

Front wheel drive with drivetrain from the Oldsmobile Toronado. V8 455 cu in,7.5 litre.
With a tailwind around 9 MPG but if you really try you can get it down to around 5.
Eats front tyres for lunch and will sit at 90 MPH all day without breaking sweat.

These babies are almost as bad as the Dodge Champion Titan A class... they did 8 mpg and had twin fuel tanks and a switch over valve... but the floor in side is very low.. just have to climb on to drive it and at the back... there are a few in the UK.. have looked at one or two in the past... I saw one place a few years back that had 6 of them.. he was using them for spares.

But as you say due tot he front wheel drive the tyres which are not big, seem to wear out very fast.

IOt is a classic.. bit like JJ.. but then he would not understand as it is an American thing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. they do not have Hymers on RVOC JJ...

Bob

Bob

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well must be on my own then, but Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, otherwise Lynn would of never married Yosser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think its an ugly old thing that should be scrapped. Can't see any appeal to it at all, and its not "an I dont understand if I need to ask" thing, cos I love some RV's but my love of them is generally the Airstream models from that year and the beutiful old one that a couple of our funsters own, cant remember there names, but they live in Spain alot and there was 4 of them in it. Friends with PP, and right good laugh, had gearbox problems and he's an engineer. Bus looks like a 1970s' bus used as a bands tour bus in the 70s.

Thanks for sharing this one though Jim, just not for me. but I bet I wont be sharing a 2009 Bessacarr e765p in 30 years time :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well must be on my own then, but Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, otherwise Lynn would of never married Yosser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think its an ugly old thing that should be scrapped. Can't see any appeal to it at all, and its not "an I dont understand if I need to ask" thing, cos I love some RV's but my love of them is generally the Airstream models from that year and the beutiful old one that a couple of our funsters own, cant remember there names, but they live in Spain alot and there was 4 of them in it. Friends with PP, and right good laugh, had gearbox problems and he's an engineer. Bus looks like a 1970s' bus used as a bands tour bus in the 70s.

Thanks for sharing this one though Jim, just not for me. but I bet I wont be sharing a 2009 Bessacarr e765p in 30 years time :ROFLMAO:
you might if you stick it in an aircraft hanger today and leave it there Paul. :roflmto:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IOt is a classic.. bit like JJ.. but then he would not understand as it is an American thing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. [HI]they do not have Hymers on RVOC JJ[/HI]...

Bob

Bob

I am convinced you never actually read what I post Bob... or if you do, you miss the point I am making...

Almost certainly my fault for not explaining myself properly...

PS... at no time have I ever suggested that I would join RVOC with a Hymer... To start with my Hymer would not like to slum it... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what was that straw pole you had the other day?

I am convinced you never actually read what I post Bob... or if you do, you miss the point I am making...

Almost certainly my fault for not explaining myself properly...

PS... at no time have I ever suggested that I would join RVOC with a Hymer... To start with my Hymer would not like to slum it... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What was that straw pole you had the other day about RV owners getting wound up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sure it was not Hymer owners:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so easy... so, so easy.... like taking candy form a child ...... smug face now.... no smiley for that JJ.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
One here for you JJ. Hymer did make something similar to an American in the eighties.
Google Hymer 900s class and you will see. I went to look at one years ago and it was built on the Merc 7.5 ton chassis. Beautiful piece of kit but the seller would not come down to my price. Had he have done I would possibly still own it. They had all the American appliances and were modelled on your typical 80s 90s yank. After reading a lot of the blurb what really amused me was that Hymer called the lounge area the "Stateroom".

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What was that straw pole you had the other day about RV owners getting wound up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sure it was not Hymer owners:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so easy... so, so easy.... like taking candy form a child ...... smug face now.... no smiley for that JJ.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Very very strange...

Like you with me... I have NO idea what you are on about...

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back