Our Continental Cousans, a rant! (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Holidaying on Orkney staying at the council run site at Stromness, superb views, nice site, 2 Belgian motorhomes arrived at 21.00hrs last night, no warden on duty so they just parked up as per the notice, no more than 6 feet forom each other 3 yards in front of me. :Blush:

I wandered over and pointed out the notice stating units must be 6 metres apart, very gruff response along lines I've problems with my gas don't bother me, wanting a quiet life I moved back as far as I could.

Then this morning both units up sticks and park up in MH service bay to top up, empty grey and toilets. There's no rushing these guys, then off to toilet block for shower's by now there's two of us patiently waiting to use the service area and obstructing traffic.

Out come our continental cousins into their vans to get changed before finally driving off after obstructing everyone for almost 40 minutes. The warden didn't come on duty till 09.00hrs so wasn't aware of the situation.

Consideration is obviously not something these guys practice:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Rant over, still had a great day, lovely place and the locals are great.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I believe that the fact these two people are obviously inconsiderate sods (who were probably upset by having someone point out rules to them) has nothing to do with them being continental, Belgian or otherwise... there are gits in every country...

PS. They wouldn't have bothered me... I would have still been in bed...

PPS. A powerful sound system, and a fine selection of heavy and thrash metal cds, used wisely means that people who originally park right next to me move away quite quickly...

JJ :Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I believe that the fact these two people are obviously inconsiderate sods (who were probably upset by having someone point out rules to them) has nothing to do with them being continental, Belgian or otherwise... there are gits in every country...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

I have to agree with what I think JJ was saying. There is only one 10 o'clock in a day. Anyone who gets up in time to see two deserves everything they get:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. After all it is you rude inconsiderate buggers that keep waking me up with your efficient getting up in the morning routines :moon::imoutahere:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
JJ they would maybe have liked Motorhead or Metalica played at the correct volume (11)

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year

PPS. A powerful sound system, and a fine selection of heavy and thrash metal cds, used wisely means that people who originally park right next to me move away quite quickly...

I used this methodology last week, whilst in my local with my son supping the innkeepers finest.
There was a group of young chaps who had a few too many, and insisted on singing to every tune from the jukebox at full volume, and not in tune either, so I did no more then find the wildest Rockabilly on the Jukebox (they all connect to a central server now) and put four pounds worth of johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio on, which I knew they would never have heard of, or they would not like , so would not sing along too::bigsmile: and guess what, they all buggered off out of the pub::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Now i like to run the genny at 8.30 most mornings

Now I like to run the genny most mornings at 8.30 got to get the batteries back on line and the scooters charged ready for the days outings... knowing how some hate them .. I doubt they would have parked beside me.:reel::reel::reel:

Unlike Gromet and JJ that seem to be glued to there beds... some of us are early risers and get the best part of the day.

Bob:Blush:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I had a similar sort of experience with some people parked at the side of me on a site near Lands End about 3 years ago..whiulst they set up their 2 young lads had a mooch about then out came the football..they were having a kick about despite a few signs to the contrary..the ball bounced of my van twice..thankfully not with the force of a Peter Lorimer kick..(remember him??) but still clonking the van..I'd had enough by this stage and got their ball and slung it at their van..Dad came out and shouted at em and they said Oh it was him there..he looked at me and said Like what happening I said your sons are using my van as a slam wall and ball games are not permitted as the sign says..He said well they are just lads..so I said well if they want to play ball go to the beach...Result no more ball games...I don't mind anyone of that sort of age playing about..but they should have the responsibility not to damage other peoples property..sadly this is the way of things now!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I used this methodology last week, whilst in my local with my son supping the innkeepers finest.
There was a group of young chaps who had a few too many, and insisted on singing to every tune from the jukebox at full volume, and not in tune either, so I did no more then find the [HI]wildest Rockabilly[/HI] on the Jukebox (they all connect to a central server now) and put four pounds worth of [HI]johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio[/HI] on, which I knew they would never have heard of, or they would not like , so would not sing along too::bigsmile: and guess what, they all buggered off out of the pub::bigsmile:

I would have gone with them...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You used to be able to buy silence on some jukeboxes...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back