Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Howdy all,
could anybody advise if its ok to walk on the roof so i can both clean and check it over and instal an aerial ?

Many thanks,

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It is usually ok to walk on the roof of most if not all motorhomes. Just don't walk over the cab area as this is much weaker and won't support your weight.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
As previous poster also try not to put too much weight on or close to sealed areas such as edge seams and roof lights seals.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks all, i have a ladder on the back and have been up there but only with my hand and when i felt the top surface was a little flexible i thought best check to be safe,
Cheers

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
many coachbuilt vans have a reinforced section towards the rear for fitting racks and top boxes. manufacturers advise is to keep close to the edges where the wall takes the weight. And dont even think of going up there if you weigh more than 75kg

Personally I dont like anyone walking on the roof of the van and have a small scaffold system bought at B&Q for about £50. this allows good access for cleaning and working on solar panels etc and is great for other projects round the home

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Thanks all, i have a ladder on the back and have been up there but only with my hand and when i felt the top surface was a little flexible i thought best check to be safe,
Cheers

The roof on an Apache should not be flexible ! Sounds like the plastic covering has separated, possibly through water ingress ! Check up with the auto trail website !

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The roof on an Apache should not be flexible ! Sounds like the plastic covering has separated, possibly through water ingress ! Check up with the auto trail website !

Sorry bad terminolgy, its fine i was just being careful.

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Yup, up there today and as you stated all ok, its a busy place and so high i was surprised.
Just selecting a spot for a dish.
Cheers,

OP
OP
pvw10

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Mine is drivers side above middle locker, close to all the leccy bits !!:thumb::thumb:

Ah ok thanks.
I already have a Status 530 and the older round Status up there so space at the back is a premium, think it will go between the light outside the Bathroom and the Lounge roof vent/fan thing.
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back