May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I complained about my recent electricity bill and here's the response:

Dear Customer, Just a little note to let you know we understand your anger in the recent price hike. But it should be noted that you have no choice. We are a big company and you will pay what we tell you. We have the power, you need the power. So sad...too bad. Have a nice day and keep those cheques coming! Sincerely, Your Electricity Supplier

Alias “kiss our arses”!!!!

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
at last it is the open what we new all along.

what many “big” companies don’t realise is that their arrogance is short lived and ultimately customers rule, it is unfortunate that it take such a long time.

my question is why are all the electricity companies engaged in luring customers through complex pricing structures, rather than offering a simple to understand system that gives genuine value for money?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
my question is why are all the electricity companies engaged in luring customers through complex pricing structures, rather than offering a simple to understand system that gives genuine value for money?

simple.. because they are not in business to provide a value for money service but to make a profit for shareholders and big salaries + bonuses for CEOs .. same as banks, gas, water, rail, et al

the more complex and bewildering it is, the less chance you have of understanding it, consequently you can't make a fair comparison so less likely to switch for fear of jumping from frying pan into fire..

the days of providing a service are long gone.. king dollar rules.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
simple.. because they are not in business to provide a value for money service but to make a profit for shareholders and big salaries + bonuses for CEOs .. same as banks, gas, water, rail, et al

the more complex and bewildering it is, the less chance you have of understanding it, consequently you can't make a fair comparison so less likely to switch for fear of jumping from frying pan into fire..

the days of providing a service are long gone.. king dollar rules.

Only 98/99% accurate I think. Given the recent news (Aviva et al) perhaps shareholder profits aren't so high on the list ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back