Free Member
Mar 18, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Riviera 1000
Exp
Virgin motorhomer
Well after just few outings,my wife has decided motorhomeing isnt for us.
After being trapped in a fire as a child shes not comfortable sleeping in a confined space.
All come to a head when she (wife) blew a gasket in Lands End and decided she cant cope.
Ive put the For Sale signs in it. Ive spent almost 2 grand in the last few weeks making sure everything is up to scratch,4 tyres,all new driveshafts inner and outer,2 x oil and filters,all service parts,cooling system overhaul,complete exhaust,timing belt etc etc.
It drives fabulously,totally straight under steering and brakes.Very reluctantly up for sale on my part,i had many plans for it. Anyone interested let me know,im in South Wales
Broken Link Removed

Donna or Stuart 01495 244424.....07966482278 Will do more pics later and maybe a video walkaround

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to hear that.:Sad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's a nice van.

Could you rescue the situation with a fixed bed van ? Or low make up bed van ?

Or a caravan ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Very sorry to hear. Is there no possibility of compromise, after all there are bedrooms smaller than motorhomes. Some motorhomes are less claustrophobic than others, for example quite a lot of people (myself included) would not be able to sleep in an overcab bed, whereas a larger van, perhaps with an island bed might be OK.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to hear about this hope you manage to recoup most of your costs, but motorhoming is no fun unless you both enjoy it.

Norman

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sorry to read that Stuart, Donna seemed to be looking forward to getting out and about in the van and was really proud of the makeover that you both did.

OP
OP
B

Busterbulldog

Free Member
Mar 18, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Riviera 1000
Exp
Virgin motorhomer
No compromises,im not sleeping on a table bed when the overcab is perfectly good imo,its huge,and I have no issues sleeping in it ,but she cant cope with it.It has to go,very unlikely I will go for another ,this has resulted in her not speaking to me for 4 days,I can do without the grief

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
No compromises,im not sleeping on a table bed when the overcab is perfectly good imo,its huge,and I have no issues sleeping in it ,but she cant cope with it.It has to go,very unlikely I will go for another ,this has resulted in her not speaking to me for 4 days,I can do without the grief

Stuart, have I read your reply correctly? The problem is Donna can't sleep in the overhead cab, but you can. Apart from that you both enjoy motorhoming?

If this is the case the problem seems localised to the sleeping arrangements. I know this is a bit of a public place to discuss personal sleeping arrangements but, could you not sleep in the over cab and Donna sleep on the make up bed if she can cope with that?
That way you can both enjoy your motorhome.

Many couples I know, for varying reasons, do not sleep in the same beds when in their motorhome, so you would not be alone if this was a solution to your problem.

Norman

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thats just what i thought, but surely they would have thought about that.
Especially after spending all that time and effort on getting the interior how they wanted , and polishing it up till it gleamed outside ?
Maybe they just want to trade it in for a different model after driving around in it and seeing how it drives , lounging about and spending some time in it .
Its alright looking ok , but comfort and reliability is king IMO.
Its not worth falling out over though. :winky:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
we sleep in separate beds in ours because debs cant do heights but we have a front diner to meet up in if we have to.

if you just looked at another van maybe a fixed bed low profile with front diner you would both be happy.

it a real shame that it hasn't worked out for you.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

That's how we do it mrs t can't get up the steps

So I sleep up and mrs t sleeps down on the make up bed

When we had the refurb last year
we had a large cushion made up for the gap
Instead of the backrest cushions much better
Saves losing your bum down the gap :thumb::Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No compromise ? you would rather give up motorhoming than sleep elsewhere ?

I would sleep stood up in the shower rather than give it up......but then, i have commitment to the lifestyle and would compromise if i had to. :Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Norman, I have said that but Stuart says no....so
all the best marrriages are based on compromise..... getting over a childhood trauma trumps sleeping in a confined space just to keep hubby happy

I have no intention of getting personal here, but perhaps asking stuart to see the situation from Donnas perspective is the place to start. That and considering whether sleeping arangements for nights away are reason enough to throw away thousands of pounds spent doing up the motorhome

A public forum is not the place for marriage guidance though:thumb:.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I know a public forum isn't the place to air this problem but I can so sympathise with the need to make somebody else convince your other half to be reasonable. Please find a compromise and enjoy your motorhome. So many people would envy you the chance to enjoy that lifestyle and I'd love to meet you both. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
We prefer to sleep seperatly, me in the overcab, carol in the fixed bed (or made up one in hte last van). Mostly because I snore, but at home we prefer to sleep in a 6ft 6 by 6ft bed, we like a bit of room. I also had a problem in our first MH where i would feel claustrophobic, enough to make me get up in the night, I also sometimes felt that way in truck sleeper cabs.

Your relationship and your marriage is much more inportant than a motorhome, if you dont want to compromise, get rid and do something else together, very best of luck for the future:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry to hear this for you after spending so much money , but I am confused.. one photo shot is of a dark worktop vehicle, another of a light worktop vehicle .. but both do seem IMHO closed in for me I wouldnt cope either... .. could it be that the "right van" for you both has not been found ..(sorry I haven't read all the posts to the thread) but know that I would rather be away having special time together and meeting new friends than having to do the "chores" at home lolol hmm term lazy devil springs to mind ;0)

I would suggest before throwing in the towel to go to a few shows and see what takes your good lady's fancy ... you never know ... fingers crossed for you Have you thought to take her to somewhere romantic ...hmmm

Good luck

John n Kath x

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Sorry to here that, this is the reason we have an American RV because the wife can't do confined spaces one night in a 20' caravan with a fixed bed proved that :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Gutted for you mate sounds as if you had good plans to look foreward to after all that work . But i agree you`re mrs comes first even if you`ve got to chant it to yourself a few hundred times to accept it over youre MH plans :Smile:!

Could`nt you just get a big airy awning on the MH for her ::bigsmile:

Good luck :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have always slept separately in the MH.. Woman sleeps at the very back in a single and I sleep in the overhead .. Its just more convenient

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
We have always slept separately in the MH.. Woman sleeps at the very back in a single and I sleep in the overhead .. Its just more convenient

SNAP!

Only we are the other way round.

Hubby has the lower bunk at the rear, and there's me, Roxy and Cody up front.

I get claustrophobic easily and after the screaming heebee jeebees, and the lights being switched on and off for reassurance, Dave decided to quit my bed. After 5 years up top I've stopped having dreams where I'm locked in my coffin.

I actually look forward to my nest in the van now and we both sleep better than at home.

It is such a shame you cannot come to some compromise with the sleeping arrangements, but, motorhoming, caravanning, camping is not for everyone. I hope you find your niche soon.

June

OP
OP
B

Busterbulldog

Free Member
Mar 18, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Riviera 1000
Exp
Virgin motorhomer
Well thanks all for the advice,esp the marriage guidance tips, after several days of being talked at we have compromised/or are at least gonna try........ive gotta sleep in the coffin bit whilst she has an edge to dangle over.
Tbh the last thing i wanted to do was get rid.....but driving 240odd miles to be shouted at got to me lol...On another note i took Donna out yesterday for her first drive,she did well...a little panicky at first but she soon got into it,an hour long drive.....she even did an overtake...albeit a tractor.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well thanks all for the advice,esp the marriage guidance tips, after several days of being talked at we have compromised/or are at least gonna try........ive gotta sleep in the coffin bit whilst she has an edge to dangle over.
Tbh the last thing i wanted to do was get rid.....but driving 240odd miles to be shouted at got to me lol...On another note i took Donna out yesterday for her first drive,she did well...a little panicky at first but she soon got into it,an hour long drive.....she even did an overtake...albeit a tractor.

That's the way to do it
Glad there's still a chance :thumb:​

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
while my first post did sound a little harsh it was meant as a 'wake up and smell the coffee' call and i never intended any offence.

glad you are getting it sorted and you can get back on track :thumb:

OP
OP
B

Busterbulldog

Free Member
Mar 18, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Riviera 1000
Exp
Virgin motorhomer
No offence was taken ,tis all a little tongue in cheek .......u should have seen Donnas face when someone rang,and sounded really keen on buying.........boof....then she killed me, love her

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back