Windscreen Sunshade interior or Exterior thermal light blockers (1 Viewer)

AlphaPets

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
Newport
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E795
Exp
Dear All,

On our second trip away and feel that we need to block out more light from the cab area for a Bessacarr E795 (Fiat Ducato 2004) Recommendations please?

Thanks

:cry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Invest in some exterior blinds, you will get great use out of them, they will keep you warm in winter and cool in summer and most importantly they completely stop all that condensation; something internal blinds cannot do. Google Silver Screens or Taylor Made. But also check on eBay. Screens are often sold when people change vans and their old screens don't fit any more so there is alway a few on there. Silver Screens on Ebay

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Don't use external blinds if you feel you may possibly need to drive off (such as a wild camping spot) as you will not be able to move off without getting out of the vehicle.

I have used external screens in the past, and they are better at reducing condensation (which is not much of a problem in my current van) but the inconvenience of putting them on and off, especially when wet, makes it unlikely that I would consider using them again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't use external blinds if you feel you may possibly need to drive off (such as a wild camping spot) as you will not be able to move off without getting out of the vehicle.

I have used external screens in the past, and they are better at reducing condensation (which is not much of a problem in my current van) but the inconvenience of putting them on and off, especially when wet, makes it unlikely that I would consider using them again.

If it is that bad why park there in the first place ?It takes less than 2 mins (prob 1 min) to put on and take off-you can always use the externals inside if you are in a dodgy area :winky: but it is better not to be there in the first place :Doh::winky:
terry

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If it is that bad why park there in the first place ?It takes less than 2 mins (prob 1 min) to put on and take off-you can always use the externals inside if you are in a dodgy area :winky: but it is better not to be there in the first place :Doh::winky:
terry

I wouldn't suggest anyone would stop in an area that looks dodgy, however we do hear of people stopping in an apparently OK place and finding it plagued with boy racers or whatever at a later stage, necessitating a rapid move. External screens aren't designed for internal use so using them thus might be a bit of a problem.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I wouldn't suggest anyone would stop in an area that looks dodgy, however we do hear of people stopping in an apparently OK place and finding it plagued with boy racers or whatever at a later stage, necessitating a rapid move. External screens aren't designed for internal use so using them thus might be a bit of a problem.

You trap the top under the sun visor and the sides with the door or window :winky:OR like me have both and decide before setting off whether to take one or both sets :Smile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back