Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just looking at ferry prices for my return to the UK after my sojourn in the Sun for 7 months !:Cool: Believe it or not, the best price was the Tunnel !! 1st. of June 06-16 £68..P&O wanted £100....Result methinks !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Or have I cocked up (as is usual) somewhere along the line !!:Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have never found any shipping line or the tunnel able to beat DFDS ex Norfolkline prices. EVER. As long as you are prepared to sail at unsociable times and book via the internet. Have no idea how many times have used them but it must run into hundreds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Same here.. When I first started going on the bike I used p and o a couple of times.. used the chunnel once as well.. But for the past 12 years only used Norfolk Line as was and is now DFDS

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I thought it was too good to be true !!

Dfds €49.00

After I put my vehicle dimensions in......It shot up to 65 Euros !!! So I will pay the extra £3 or so for the tunnel !!:thumb::Cool:

But thanks for the heads up anyway !! Stephen.

Edit.....That was the Calais - Dover price !! The Dunkerque - Dover price is as you say 49 Euros !! Jobs a goodun, thanks Jaws !

And that's at four in the afternoon which puts me on Marine Parade for the noight !!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just booked DFDS for the middle of June, £111 return, cheaper than all the rest.

Bill

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
I've been looking this morning for various dates in June (4 adults)using P&O (to Calais)and Norfolk line (for Dunkirk), P&O leaving on very earlier Tues morning returing the following Saturday at c1600hrs was £62 (£13 more than a car) Norfolk was £88. Seems leaving on a Monday puts the price up.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
How does DFDS compare to P&O in terms of facilities ( breakfast etc) ?

mike/jen

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Powys
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
7 years
You wont beat DFDS, if you book direct with them, 14m including trailer £68 one way, food ect very good, as to parking at Dunkerque, you can park free at dock.:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
DFDS

didn't book our return from France ,Calais to Dover on 10 April so went straight to DFDS at the port. They quoted E 146. Drove into Calais to use internet and got same crossing for E 105:thumb:. Moral of the story is book early on line and get it cheaper

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
DFDS grub is usually excellent !!

Have not used the DFDS service from or to Calais as yet but have booked it for this summer trip

Dunno if I should put this on a forum as DFDS is bound to catch on and ruin it !!

I discovered that my 8 mtr van does indeed attract a hefty £60 price increase.. yet booking a van with a trailer with a total length of 12 mtrs is considerably cheaper !!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Gravelines... :Eeek:

The place seems to be my nemesis..

I have tried to find it so many times.. Been given the co-ordinates ( which MUST have been wrong cos both the GPS's I was using put us behind a ruddy power station of some sort !! )
I have had people draw a map

Had people say'follow us' only to disappear ( and in two cases never ever to be seen again )

I have got it on Google Earth, drawn a map myself and failed to find it

I believe Gravelines does not exist.. It is a place the rest of the world made up JUST to dick with my head !!!!!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We stayed at an aire at Cassel, 18 miles south of Dunquerque and on the way to the ferry from there, there is a SuperU selling diesel at €1.39/litre. If you want more info. on this let us know and we will get our aires book out to give co-ordinates, once in Cassell aire is signposted (next to sports facilities).

Nigel and Pamala

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Gravelines... :Eeek:

The place seems to be my nemesis..

I have tried to find it so many times.. Been given the co-ordinates ( which MUST have been wrong cos both the GPS's I was using put us behind a ruddy power station of some sort !! )
I have had people draw a map

Had people say'follow us' only to disappear ( and in two cases never ever to be seen again )

I have got it on Google Earth, drawn a map myself and failed to find it

I believe Gravelines does not exist.. It is a place the rest of the world made up JUST to dick with my head !!!!!

And when you do find it, it'll be full of idiots....well, it was when we found it. Have since discovered a fine wild spot.......:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well thats it then Steve, :winky: you are coming home.:cry::cry::cry:

After a few days it seems like you have not been anywhere. :whatthe:

Now don't go wishing the rest of the year away, you will be off again soon enough. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
All the ferry companies charge for additional length over 6m so quite often the train works out cheaper as they don't!

And if you can book with Tesco points it's cheaper again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back