Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone got one, had one, any comments?

I have never owned one, but always fancied an autotrail, so looked at plenty, my only constant observation with all Autotrail mhs was I could never see out of the windscreen without ducking.
But this is a proble apparantly with all coachbuilt motorhomes.

Norman

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
NIce van, we have sold a few, (this one is sold!)

This 2008 Autotrail Mohican has Truma gas heating and hot water,
-Thetford Cassette toilet with electric flush,
-Separate shower cubicle,
-On board waste and water tanks,
-Full Oven, hob and grill with Electronic ignition,
-External socket for Mains electric,
-All round Blinds & flyscreens including the cab,
-Door flyscreen,
-in living area,
-External Fiamma awning,
-Rear ladder,
-Roof rails,
-Gaslow system,
-Status aerial,
-Electric step,
-External 12v socket,
-External shower point,
-PWS towbar,
-Power steering,
-Electric windows,
-ABS,
-EBD,
-Fitted carpets throughout,
-Reversing Camera/DVD player,
-Entertainment system and Television,
-
Fixed overcab double bed.

The Autotrail Mohican is a two berth end washroom model perfect for a couple looking to get away for months at a time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
'I have never owned one, but always fancied an autotrail, so looked at plenty, my only constant observation with all Autotrail mhs was I could never see out of the windscreen without ducking.
But this is a proble apparantly with all coachbuilt motorhomes.

Norman'

Very common problem on any C class if you're tall. I don't think the windscreen is particularly low, just that the seats are higher than an ordinary commercial van because of the seat swivels.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We don't have any problem with our windscreen with regards to height, our son who is 6ft 3 has driven it without any viewing restrictions.

Our seats don't swivel, but the front passenger seat was lowered slightly as OH is tall and wanted it lowered slightly.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Cannot comment on the Mohican, but we have got a Chieftan now and had a Scout previously, and not have a bad word to say about either of them. One was on a Mercedes the other on a Fiat and Jeff says the Fiat is as good as the mercedes, in fact if anything the fiat pulls a bit better.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
I've just changed to a Frontier Navajo. No problem with the height of the seats and the driving position but I'm only 5'11.

I've changed from an Autocruise Sportstar and I must say that the build quality seems far superior

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
I`ve got a Cheyenne so far it`s been great as i`m quite tall i bumped my head a couple of times at first on the cab over hang when getting in and out of driver door but screen view is fine and i like the seat up quite high .

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have had a few vans and the Trigano we had I had to put a box in front of the passenger seat as my legs were dangling But I had to duck my head when driving to see most of the time, the compass avantgard we had we both had to duck to see the road and the sundance we had before this one which is the swift voyager we both have a good driving position and my feet do not dangle on the floor both of our recent ones have been Fiat and and the other ones were Peugeot

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have had a few vans and the Trigano we had I had to put a box in front of the passenger seat as my legs were dangling But I had to duck my head when driving to see most of the time, the compass avantgard we had we both had to duck to see the road and the sundance we had before this one which is the swift voyager we both have a good driving position and my feet do not dangle on the floor both of our recent ones have been Fiat and and the other ones were Peugeot

Shirley is short and has a box to stop her feet dangling, the seats are quite high (Mercedes) and, although this is no problem for me at 6'5" it does mean Shirley cannot drive it as she can't reach the pedals without standing up. The A class windscreen is no problem though as pretty enormous.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ive got a scout, no major problems, dont have swivel seats so vision is not impaired but Im no over tall

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back