awnings away, batten down the hatches (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We have now taken in the awning on the Winnebago.. most of everything away, except the scooters which are under covers... the winds have started to hit early.. 8.30 Saturday.. wanting is for a lot of rain tomorrow and high winds..

Oh the joys of Peterborough.. long to be remembered I am sure.

Give that Warners stopped motor homes coming on spec and said it was due to the high number of booking they had.. one has to wonder what risk assessment they carried out with the state of the ground... the tractors have been pulling on and pulling off from Thursday.. should the show have been cancelled I have to ask?

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have now taken in the awning on the Winnebago.. most of everything away, except the scooters which are under covers... the winds have started to hit early.. 8.30 Saturday.. wanting is for a lot of rain tomorrow and high winds..
Oh the joys of Peterborough.. long to be remembered I am sure.
Give that Warners stopped motor homes coming on spec and said it was due to the high number of booking they had.. one has to wonder what risk assessment they carried out with the state of the ground... the tractors have been pulling on and pulling off from Thursday.. should the show have been cancelled I have to ask?Bob
Well Bob, we were on our way today at 0700hrs driving up the A1 got as far as Stevenage and though sod this must be mad to even contemplate it. So we turned around and went to the Bluewater shopping centre instead. Had a great very dry day. I though of you every time I looked at that blue water. :thumb:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Cancelled :Eeek: ???

Just think of all that money Warners would have to refund - I doubt the thought even entered their minds!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
very true

Cancelled :Eeek: ???

Just think of all that money Warners would have to refund - I doubt the thought even entered their minds!

They must have lost a lot of day visitors as well as these that do not pre book and turn up as that was cancelled.

It will hit the traders hard.. less people in the show ground.. heard lots of moans of waste of time.

We went in on Friday and Saturday... but have not done so today, so have not spent any more money

I picked up my tyre monitor units from JIM.. all 14 of them..

Plus 9 boxes of Cobb Stones for the season and some for a friend that has a Cobb.

Other than that Sue bought a jumper thing and I purchased a rather expensive german made knife set in a bamboo case that had a chopping board with it.. those that saw them on sale know they were el expensive... but I like good quality knives for preparing food, which I do often.

Would have spent more I suspect.. well stays in the wallet.

ONLY BEEF.. was the towel stall had two for £10 sign as we went by... returned back via him to buy some.. gone up by 20% .. £12 for 2 ... ripe off.

Bob

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Well Bob, we were on our way today at 0700hrs driving up the A1 got as far as Stevenage and though sod this must be mad to even contemplate it. So we turned around and went to the Bluewater shopping centre instead. Had a great very dry day. I though of you every time I looked at that blue water. :thumb:

Steady Buttons...cant have an outbreak of Sensible on here on a Sunday.
Must be against the rules somehow.
What the hell next; RVs with the same mpg as your vdub?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Steady Buttons...cant have an outbreak of Sensible on here on a Sunday.
Must be against the rules somehow.
What the hell next; RVs with the same mpg as your vdub?
Yes John I gave it a lot of thought on the way up, the thing that tipped it was the fear of parking somewhere sensible when I arrived then finding some tractor driver had towed me into the mire while I was away. Bit like he had done with the RVs.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back