Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We've just collected the van and I can't tell you how relieved I am. A pipe had just worked itself loose. They fitted it back on, gave it a good test drive and "can't fault it". £40 plus VAT - how bad is that? I'm happy on three counts:-

1. They could easily have cheated us, as some garages might.
2. It didn't cost very much.
3. My faith in the van is restored. Everybody says how solid Ford Transits are and when it went to pot, I was quite shattered and was worried about taking it away in future.

Thank you all funsters. I'd have worried myself to death without the reassurance you gave.

It's like the prodigal son. Sandy is outside cleaning the body and I'm about to get some hot soapy water and do the inside. Welcome home Buck. :roflmto:
:hug::hug::hug:

Ivy

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Glad to hear that Ivy. Where did you go in Scotland?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Great news, Ivy. Really pleased that is was a small-ish problem and easily resolved.

And I know what you mean by a garage that could have made it more, but didn't--there are plenty of them around & always such a relief to have found one of the good guys.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:clap:Nice one Ivy.....Transit Roooools Okay........:yeah:

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Good to hear that, Ivy.
Something less for poor stressed Sandy to worry about.:thumb:

Poor stressed Sandy my backside! That boy leads a charmed life and is treated far better than he deserves. We went for a walk last night and do you know what he said? "Give me some money so I can buy a lottery ticket". It was a demaaaaarnd! (I do know how to spell really). What about Pleeeeeeeeeeze? He still managed to squeeze something acceptable out but is wasn't please. Oh well - I'll do my duty and make him a cup of tea anyway. Despair!!:roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Poor stressed Sandy my backside! That boy leads a charmed life and is treated far better than he deserves. We went for a walk last night and do you know what he said? "Give me some money so I can buy a lottery ticket". It was a demaaaaarnd! (I do know how to spell really). What about Pleeeeeeeeeeze? He still managed to squeeze something acceptable out but is wasn't please. Oh well - I'll do my duty and make him a cup of tea anyway. Despair!!:roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

The lad needs looking after.
He leads a stressful life.:yawn:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Excellent news! Nice to hear your garage are honest too!

We get so used to having huge bills, that it is refreshing to hear it was a simple problem with a simple fix.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back