Ducato Cabs: why no cup holders etc (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm assuming that the Ducato cabs many of us have are the same that white van man has ? if so why no cup holders ? OK we have 1 that is really a fag tray in a cup thingy but thats it. Where's my 1/2ltr of coffee going to sit on my night drives:whatthe: I'll have to get one of those mountain bike drinking system and get myself plumbed in for the long haul...

Seriously though I'm really surprised at the lack of useful trays, holders etc. There's lots of out of sight storage in the double glovebox, that's great but nothing else.

Tried to get a tray organizer from the camping shop which would have been useful but it arrived and it's for pre-06 models:Doh:

Can't find any other dedicated add-ons either, some generic stuff yes but prefer stuff that fits and doesn't keep falling off....

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you will have to make something yourself then:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bleedin obvious innit !!!

Park up, put the kettle on, and sit in comfort before continuing your journey !!:Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just found this Link Removed
should fit in place of the pocket above the radio depending on which radio you have fitted of course

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I think the reasoning is that if we have a drink whilst driving it distracts us from the road, like mobile phones presumably, so if there is nothing to hold our cups then we won't have a drink. Same as eating whilst driving, we aren't supposed to do it, so "responsible" manufacturers don't fit them.
I haven't worked out why a cigarette lighter is now called a power socket !!!!

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
should fit in place of the pocket above the radio depending on which radio you have fitted of course

very interesting

:thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I think the reasoning is that if we have a drink whilst driving it distracts us from the road, like mobile phones presumably, so if there is nothing to hold our cups then we won't have a drink. Same as eating whilst driving, we aren't supposed to do it, so "responsible" manufacturers don't fit them.
I haven't worked out why a cigarette lighter is now called a power socket !!!!

Having driven many, many types of cars around the world, the one thing that almost all cars have is a cup holder. Can't remember a car I've driven in the last 15yrs without one, and most today have several.

Perhaps as we are used to a Touran and a Discovery that both have 6 each we've been spoilt

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'll have to have a look round our Disco cos I've only found four :Doh: :ROFLMAO:

front 2
middle row 2 on the floor near the aircon outlet, lowest tray
rear 2

plus bottle holders in each door, 4 x 2ltrs

you won't be thirsty

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
I came to exactly the same conclusion. My car has three cup holders, all very sturdy, but the van has none. My wife bought a cup holder from Halfords. It clips into one of the vents, but as soon as I took it out of the wrapping, I knew it was flimsy rubbish. To keep the peace I fitted it and on the first outing with a small bottle of water in it - bang shattered when we went in the first pot hole. Have not found one that looks like it can cut the mustard. Looked at the one on ebay, but you would have to sacrifice your sounds for the sake of the cup holder - tht's pants!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi everyone keep an eye open for us :thumb:We are calling off for a day trip-probably parking Abbey side of the bridge (easy for Ann to walk:winky:) wondering around the old town bit and harbour :thumb:Will try to get up to the top and call into the school just to say hi but it all depends on how grandson is playing Ann up :ROFLMAO: If we manage the school yard mines coffee, milk no sugar (sweet enough:winky:)::bigsmile:Hope you all have a good time :Smile:
terry
EDIT SORRY POSTED ON WRONG THREAD SHOULD BE WHITBY GOTHIC MEET

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I came to exactly the same conclusion. My car has three cup holders, all very sturdy, but the van has none. My wife bought a cup holder from Halfords. It clips into one of the vents, but as soon as I took it out of the wrapping, I knew it was flimsy rubbish. To keep the peace I fitted it and on the first outing with a small bottle of water in it - bang shattered when we went in the first pot hole. Have not found one that looks like it can cut the mustard. Looked at the one on ebay,[HI] but you would have to sacrifice your sounds for the sake of the cup holder - tht's pants![/HI]

most have a double radio slot with the radio in the bottom and a pocket above.
unless you are unlucky and have a double sized radio.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I bought one , they are crap,and no way do they fit :cry:
Bought one that clips on the air vent:thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I bought one , they are crap,and no way do they fit :cry:
Bought one that clips on the air vent:thumb:

Thanks for sharing that, saves me some paypaling tonight and upset in some weeks time....

Will solve it some how although this may involve Mechano, superglue and cable ties....

Not sure that will get past QC though:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Hi everyone keep an eye open for us :thumb:We are calling off for a day trip-probably parking Abbey side of the bridge (easy for Ann to walk:winky:) wondering around the old town bit and harbour :thumb:Will try to get up to the top and call into the school just to say hi but it all depends on how grandson is playing Ann up :ROFLMAO: If we manage the school yard mines coffee, milk no sugar (sweet enough:winky:)::bigsmile:Hope you all have a good time :Smile:
terry
EDIT SORRY POSTED ON WRONG THREAD SHOULD BE WHITBY GOTHIC MEET

But have you got any cup holders ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back