FIRST TO GET STUCK IN THE MUD- and we won't be the last! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Only just arrived, drove onto field and sunk straight away!Tony now gone off to office to get tractorman to come and pull us out- suggest he stays parked by these fields all weekend

P.s. we had rubber mats & wood etc but nothing would get us out!!!!

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Is that at Peterborough, bodes well when the other arrive, hope you get out ok we're about 36 miles away been raining most of day.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I hope they get out as well they are assistant Marshalls.

OMG. Not worrying about it at all :cry:.

By the Way the sun has just come out here in Kent so maybe just maybe it will start to dry up

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the sun is breaking through the rain

I hope they get out as well they are assistant Marshalls.

OMG. Not worrying about it at all :cry:.

By the Way the sun has just come out here in Kent so maybe just maybe it will start to dry up

Sonja

Yes in our part of Kent the sun is trying to break through.. but still lots and lots of rain and the wind has not let up

Bob

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Sorry to say that it is still raining here at Greetham, a few miles up the road from Peterborough.

Been raining since 02.00 hrs.

Getting worried about going to Peterborough tomorrow. I really dont want to get 6.5t of RV stuck in a mudpit. :Doh:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
All sorted now, parkedup with a nice cupof tea.Apparently theyhave lots of tractors from tomorrow to give assistance if required.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
me neither

Sorry to say that it is still raining here at Greetham, a few miles up the road from Peterborough.

Been raining since 02.00 hrs.

Getting worried about going to Peterborough tomorrow. I really dont want to get 6.5t of RV stuck in a mudpit. :Doh:

Same issue.. do not want to get bogged down and I have the car on the trailer.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you could be right Buttons

Hope it is behind you on the way to Peterborough or you could be down to single figures.::bigsmile:

24 to 28 mph winds that could be a lot of head wind. my 14 mpg could be single figures

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that is good news

All sorted now, parkedup with a nice cupof tea.Apparently theyhave lots of tractors from tomorrow to give assistance if required.

That is good news....... thanks for letting us all know.. a fair few of us were getting a bit worried.

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
24 to 28 mph winds that could be a lot of head wind. my 14 mpg could be single figures

Bob

OS... OT and OH... :winky: :ROFLMAO: (if you don't understand I can't explain... it is a "taking the mick out of RVs thing"...)

14 mpg :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Is that with or without using the 4kw genny?

JJ

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
with the trailer as well JJ

OS... OT and OH... :winky: :ROFLMAO: (if you don't understand I can't explain... it is a "taking the mick out of RVs thing"...)

14 mpg :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Is that with or without using the 4kw genny?

JJ

OVER SIZED = 23'9"

the rest you can work out... but yes 14 mpg .. dropped to 10 mpg over the Tarn Gorge in France.. but that also includes my use of the 4 kw genny.. I suspect better than you diesel van JJ:Blush:

Bob:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OVER SIZED = 23'9"

the rest you can work out... but yes 14 mpg .. dropped to 10 mpg over the Tarn Gorge in France.. but that also includes my use of the 4 kw genny.. I suspect better than you diesel van JJ:Blush:

Bob:thumb:

I try to avoid arguments... especially with lawyers... but I can assure anyone interested that my turbo charged, intercooled Iveco does a great deal more than 14mpg as does my beautiful, classic and classy Hymer 660...

So there! Ya Boo Shucks... (with knobs on)... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is like taking candy from a child

I try to avoid arguments... especially with lawyers... but I can assure anyone interested that my turbo charged, intercooled Iveco does a great deal more than 14mpg as does my beautiful, classic and classy Hymer 660...

It is like taking candy from a child.. easy.. turn the key and wait for the reply... never fails JJ

Bob:Blush:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Nearly as much as Buttons :winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am no way as good as Buttons is

Nearly as much as Buttons :winky:

I am miles behind Buttons, he is almost as good as Chris Green.. I rank way down in maybe 5 or 6 or even further down.. JJ is much further up the ladder than me.. he does it with magic.. he has a wand.. I do not.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ALCAL

Free Member
Feb 29, 2012
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2003 on and off
Do you know guys n galls, Never realised there was so much back biting!! we are all here to enjoy our motorhomes !! OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
:cry::cry:don't think I will be able to get out much if its so soggy so I will be like a little prisoner inside - do hope I get some lovely visitors to keep me company:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Do you know guys n galls, Never realised there was so much back biting!! we are all here to enjoy our motorhomes !! OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Alcal, as you will come to see its friendly banter with no one taking offense, and Bob Chris and JJ are three of the most helpful and funny (although I'm probably not supposed to say this) characters on here, stick with it join in enjoy the ride its just friendly fun. :Smile:

PS. When you come across Hilldweller and Shiftzz apply the same logic you will soon get the idea.

And all of them will give you freely excellent and correct advice when they have got their serious hats on.:winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Alcal, as you will come to see its friendly banter with no one taking offense, and Bob Chris and JJ are three of the most helpful and funny (although I'm probably not supposed to say this) characters on here, stick with it join in enjoy the ride its just friendly fun. :Smile:

PS. When you come across Hilldweller and Shiftzz apply the same logic you will soon get the idea.

And all of them will give you freely excellent and correct advice when they have got their serious hats on.:winky:

Serious ? When ? :ROFLMAO:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
not gowing

well we have decided not to go to peterbrught all this talk of mud getting boged down.
think a nice hard standing in witby
i do hope that it turns out ok but i dont think my old van is up to getting pulld out of the mud.
and her indoors don't do welly's and with a five year old in tow i dont think that it would be much fun i may be wrong but hope every one has fun :helptitanic:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I'm sure it must be an illusion folks all this slipping and getting stuck,,,,, WE ARS IN A DROUGHT AND HAVE A HOSEPIPE BAN what country are youall in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am miles behind Buttons, he is almost as good as Chris Green.. I rank way down in maybe 5 or 6 or even further down.. JJ is much further up the ladder than me.. he does it with magic.. he has a wand.. I do not.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Objection Your Honour...

...Nowhere is there any evidence that my client JJ has a "wand"...

Whether he associates with people who have such implements or not is beside the point..."

PS. How do you upset lawyers?

1) Plead guilty... this reduces the size of their fees... :winky:

2)

3)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
well we have decided not to go to peterbrught all this talk of mud getting boged down.
think a nice hard standing in witby
i do hope that it turns out ok but i dont think my old van is up to getting pulld out of the mud.
and her indoors don't do welly's and with a five year old in tow i dont think that it would be much fun i may be wrong but hope every one has fun :helptitanic:

I am sorry to hear this honestly.... The great thing about us motorhomers is that when someone is in genuine need we will all rally round and help out.
It is common sense that with a 5 year old and a missus that won't do wellies you may have doubts......

However if you change your mind I can guarantee if you get stuck you can call on me to put my shoulder to your van until the tractor turns up. Your daughter I am sure will be welcome and your wife can always cadge a piggy back off one of the fitter funsters. Failing finding a fitter funster I am sure bob will give your missus a lift on the back of his scooter. He will have run the genny all night to ensure it is charged enough to be at her service all day:winky::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No guarantees on the day to be fair but I know a couple of the members personally and they will always help...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
FIRST TO GET STUCK IN THE MUD- and we won't be the last!

Plenty of help at hand... :winky:

Attachments

• 1002a062a.jpg
    1002a062a.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 155
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I think it's a shame that people are not going due to the ground conditions. I can understand though. I have my 7 year old Grand daughter with me this weekend and she is sooo excited about coming out with us. Having been at a meet with Funsters before at Billing where we actually had Ducks swimming outside our van it was that wet. I can assure you that the Funsters all pitch in to get you moving.

The ground may dry up who knows. Think positive.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back