Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It will be interesting to see how the jacks will deal with the mud at Peterborough even with large feet under them.. At Shepton last September a HR 16 tons got stuck in the mud.. Bill (Landy Lover) ... used his winch to haul him out backwards.. but the land rover had to be ground anchored to a tree.. without the tree the land rover was just pulled towards the rear of the RV..... part of the issues with hauling out RV's is that there is no tow point at the front unless some sort of equipment has been added. There had to be pull out using the Reece tow ball.

But seeing the issues in Shepton.. far less rain there.. I wonder how the bigger RV's will make out with there power jacks. I do not have them, so I have to rely on fiamma ramps.. so I will want to try for as level grass as I can get... perhaps some of us will end up in the roadways.

But I am going to be watching with interest as some of the bigger brethren (RV's) arrive.

Bob:Blush: p.s also applies I presume to fivers as well?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Actually, once an RV is possitioned extending the jacks, with suitable pads obviously, increases your load spread to ten points from six so logically this should seriously reduce the risk of sinking whilst parked?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Actually, once an RV is possitioned extending the jacks, with suitable pads obviously, increases your load spread to ten points from six so logically this should seriously reduce the risk of sinking whilst parked?

could be right Dodgey , but if they are spring retract ?

they are prone to sticking at the best of times... so if in mud.. I doubt they would ever pull up.. could be interesting watching though :roflmto:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Wot you need is them big pads like they use on cranes, about 2 foot across them babies dont sink:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
interesting views

Interesting views.. I will watch out and see what happens with the RV's .. what about 5vers? The are not normally spring loaded type.. but I hope someone can tell me.

Bob:Sad:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Interesting views.. I will watch out and see what happens with the RV's .. what about 5vers? The are not normally spring loaded type.. but I hope someone can tell me.

Bob:Sad:

Power in and power out so not an issue

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Wot you need is them big pads like they use on cranes, about 2 foot across them babies dont sink:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thats what I have four of em rated at 50ton each but you can still sink them.......we will see :RollEyes:

All the best Rick

ALCAL

Free Member
Feb 29, 2012
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2003 on and off
Hi. We are a 40ft'r , Its not the sitting on/in the mud that is the concern as we would use scaffolding planks to spread the load -. It is where you are parked in the field and getting off that may cause a concerrn. We are monitoring the situation weather to go or not! :rain::rain:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
could be right Dodgey , but if they are spring retract ?

they are prone to sticking at the best of times... so if in mud.. I doubt they would ever pull up.. could be interesting watching though :roflmto:

As said with pad should be OK but yes, failure could be fun.

Our Winne has the electric swing down type, not the greatest but they work and like Bill, power down and up, and worst case scenario I could drive forward (hopefully) off them if there was a problem and sort once off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back