Where do you install Nav in Ducato Cab (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Where's the common place to install a Nav system (tom-tom) on a Ducato (2011) dashboard ? Is everyone just using the window mount or have many people made a more permanent mount some where on the dash ?

Would like to make something more "installed" without wires every where i.e. run them through the dash some how and install the mount. The head unit comes off mine so will just remove it for security reasons when not in use.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
some people have used an old cd case lid clipped into the clipboard to hold their sat nav.

but depending on which radio you have fitted there is sometimes a little pocket above or below the radio which should just pull out so it is possible to drill the rear of this for the cables and fabricate some sort of mounting to sit inside this pocket. you can then acquire power from the rear of the 2 accessory sockets below.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
some people have used an old cd case lid clipped into the clipboard to hold their sat nav.

but depending on which radio you have fitted there is sometimes a little pocket above or below the radio which should just pull out so it is possible to drill the rear of this for the cables and fabricate some sort of mounting to sit inside this pocket. you can then acquire power from the rear of the 2 accessory sockets below.

Thats good info to have, will have a look at the weekend.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
we use the map clip board. we bought a cheap and nasty window sucker off ebay that is just the sucker and the sat nav clip. the sucker clips under the map holder. dead simple and neat.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I bought Link Removedfrom eBay which adheres to the mini clipboard on the centre of the dash. Power is supplied by the standard 12 volt socket. Although this is for a Garmin I think it would fit the windscreen mount of a Tom Tom.

To further tidy up the wiring you could buy a hard wiring kit like[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hardwire-Barewire-Navigon-Magellan-Roadmate/dp/B001ISXXY8"] this one[/ame] and feed it into the dashboard area to pick up an ignition powered feed.

Think you would have to be fairly competent electrician to do this safely.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back