Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK my main hobby:Smile:

In fact more or less the driver behind getting a motorhome so that we can take short breaks and still get back easily enough,

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8654.jpg

I have a Reef aquarium with a system size of around 1500ltrs. It's been here since 2009 when I moved it from the UK which was another story, but transporting a living reef across Europe was no easy task and required, coffee, donuts and a real lack of sleep, plus some good friends.

Here are some of the inhabitants,

Shoal of Tuka Anthias

IMG_8967.jpg

Scopas Tang

IMG_5434_2.jpg

Achilles Tang

IMG_5457_2.jpg

Mandarin Goby

IMG_8903.jpg

Close up of Corals

IMG_88511.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

Keeps me busy for a few hours each week:whistle:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Marine Fish

Fantastic set up you have. I kept two marine tanks in the 70s not nearly as grand as yours it was just a simple filtration system .
At the time we were living in Wisbech and we lost the lot when there was tidal surge
and the area was flooded , we had no electricity for a week or so and i was gutted and never replaced them. Alan

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The marine tanks I have seen are fantastic and the colours of the creatures under the sea take your breath away

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Fantastic set up you have. I kept two marine tanks in the 70s not nearly as grand as yours it was just a simple filtration system .
At the time we were living in Wisbech and we lost the lot when there was tidal surge
and the area was flooded , we had no electricity for a week or so and i was gutted and never replaced them. Alan

In the 70's that must have been something else:Cool:

Yep power outs are still a system risk although generators and UPS devices are a real asset in that case. I have a UPS on most pumps and have a theoretical 12-18hr window before system collapse so if you see my Motorhome traveling at 200kmh across France one evening then you know we had a power outs at home.....

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Very impressive, thanks for the photo,s, I kept tropical fish in the 70's and promised myself to progress to marine but for one reason (kids) or another it never happened. Your phot's have stirred up old feelings!!

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
fantastic ! would love to have a go at marine, our grandson has just started with a small tropical set up

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Beautiful. That is seriously impressive.

Thank you for sharing ::bigsmile:

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
That is one fantastic set up. We used to have a marine set up, mainly corals but never anything like yours. Would like to start again but being able to get away has just won. Thanks for sharing yours'

Pat

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Nemo is there but hiding from the Sydney divers:roflmto:

Plenty of nice and easy small systemized marine aquariums now, some nice 50ltrs set ups that aren't too expensive and easy to set up and run:winky:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wow, fantastic photos, brilliant colours, thanks for sharing these!
Our neighbours in Surrey had a huge marine tank, I remember the night it took several men to carry the tank into the house:whatthe:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Wow, fantastic photos, brilliant colours, thanks for sharing these!
Our neighbours in Surrey had a huge marine tank, I remember the night it took several men to carry the tank into the house:whatthe:

yep glass is heavy stuff ! this is 250kgs and it took 6 of us to lift it when we carried it in, managed to get the trailer right up to the front door to make it a little easier but it was still pretty heavy... Anything bigger is built on site these days, easier and safer

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Looks a great set up, I have only ventured into fresh water and that was some years ago now.

The most impressive marine tank I saw was at a customers I used to call on, that was the rear wall of their reception, it was some 6ft tall and 10ft across and from what you could see about 2ft deep. If I had worked there I would never have got any work done, as I could easily have watched it all day.

The owner was into fish in a big way and evidently had an even bigger tank at home.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Looks a great set up, I have only ventured into fresh water and that was some years ago now.

The most impressive marine tank I saw was at a customers I used to call on, that was the rear wall of their reception, it was some 6ft tall and 10ft across and from what you could see about 2ft deep. If I had worked there I would never have got any work done, as I could easily have watched it all day.

The owner was into fish in a big way and evidently had an even bigger tank at home.

Wow 6x10x2 is a big glass box !!! Must have looked very nice indeed, sounds like an addiction.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back