Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
On our recent return from Portugal we experience a disturbing occurrence which may be a warning to others.

It was a quiet Sunday morning when we left Soa Domingos near the copper mines, and we had a very good drive North up the N122.
Then a car passed us with hazards flashing and slowed down indicating we should stop.
Remembering all we had learned, I overtook and kept going while checking rear view camera and mirrors to see if anything could be wrong. All seemed OK and the car passed us and accelerated away.
I have no way of knowing the intention of the driver but decided not to take a chance and stop. I did stop to check once we were in a built up area and all was well.
We thought travelling on a quiet Sunday morning would be good but maybe not a good idea on quiet roads.
I am relieved we had no further cause for concern and soon we were close to a larger town and the offending car did not re-appear.
I am now considering one of the in car cameras that can record these type of incidents and although not much of a deterrent you can check afterwards and I suppose report the incident if you felt like it.
Be careful out there and don't trust anyone.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done for keeping safe and thank you for the heads up... :thumb:

Please keep Sao Domingos quiet... :winky: I don't want to arrive there on our August holiday tour and find it packed with noisy, partying Funsters...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Always worth a reminder, first hand and not from someone who heard from someone else. Often wondered if it really happens. thank you :thumb:

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Well done for keeping safe and thank you for the heads up... :thumb:

Please keep Sao Domingos quiet... :winky: I don't want to arrive there on our August holiday tour and find it packed with noisy, partying Funsters...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Actually JJ there is a sign saying no autocaravanners but we took this to be applicable to high season, so you may find a change in the summer. Not heard of anyone being moved off last winter.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Actually JJ there is a sign saying no autocaravanners but we took this to be applicable to high season, so you may find a change in the summer. Not heard of anyone being moved off last winter.

I am guessing you are referring to the car-park for the cafe/beach... I looked there (there were two other vans overnighting) but then drove around to the far side of the lake... parked by the water's edge. No problems at all (June/July) and several other vans, caravans and tenters came and went during my stay... Frankie and I hope to spend some time there this August and if the idea of the rolling, off-site Funster meet becomes reality it would be on the list for a visit... :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andley

Banned
Dec 27, 2011
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Static
Exp
Campsite owner
safe

Glad your safe Keith and Jean, thanks for that I will pass it on to our campers. Take care x x

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
QUOTE:I am now considering one of the in car cameras that can record these type of incidents and although not much of a deterrent you can check afterwards and I suppose report the incident if you felt like it.

I purchased one of those cameras off the internet for less than £20 and I would say well worth it. It's not going to provide complete safety but once anyone sees you have it, its got to be a deterrent!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back